|Edinburgh, Scotland||Salary: £70000 - £120000 per annum + PLus excellent benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Sarah Cairns|
VAT Director - Chartered Accountancy firm, Edinburgh - £70,000 - £120,000 + excellent benefits + Entry to the Senior Manager/Director bonus scheme
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruitment a VAT Director to work for a one of the UK's top 20 accountancy practices. My client is independent, but maintains a network of affiliate firms in over 100 countries across the globe.
The VAT group operates as a national practice with two sub-teams: core advisory and not for profit. Currently all Northern Region VAT work is supported and delivered by the VAT group based in London. The position available is based in the Edinburgh office, working closely with the Northern Region partners and directors supported by the London VAT group and Head of VAT. The VAT work of the Northern Group covers the full spectrum of the firm's client base.
- Growing a Northern region by VAT practice working closely with the Northern region partners and supported by the Head of VAT
- Supporting the growth and development of VAT services, including commercial and not for profit VAT services to clients of the Edinburgh practice
- Providing advice on a wide range of subjects to existing clients of the Northern Region (both direct to the client and to other professionals within the firm).
- Experience of VAT across sectors and a good understanding of VAT principles.
- Good client handling skills.
- Must be personable and able to explain complex issues in a way non-VAT experts will understand -dealing directly with non-VAT partners and other technical staff will be a
- large part of the role.
- Must be able to demonstrate enthusiasm and motivation for selling services to existing clients of the firm and to non-clients, including taking responsibility for marketing projects.
- Experience of developing and growing a team.
- Experience of managing client engagements.
- Willingness to speak at seminars etc.
- The ideal candidate must have strong technical skills and experience, and have a detailed up to date knowledge of UK VAT tax laws.
- Applicants ideally should be CTA qualified (or similar), with a good exam record and relevant experience as a Senior Manager or Director.
- Outgoing, a self-starter, resilient, driven and have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. The role will require an extremely high level of ability and commitment, with the flexibility to work long hours as required. The individual should be able to demonstrate strong marketing skills and the ability to generate new business working with partners in the Northern Region.
- Commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements and to ensure that service delivery is of the highest standard.
- The successful candidate is likely to have a general practice background and should have been involved in all areas of advice, although experience of not for profit and the property sector would be seen as beneficial.
- They should have experience of managing a client portfolio and have had exposure to one off special assignments and complicated technical areas.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of winning new business from existing clients and those new to the firm is important.
Our client's style is personal and they value their strong client relationships and genuinely partner-led service. Providing excellent training and development opportunities for staff is an important part of what they do, as their long - standing Investors in People accreditation demonstrates, also they have been named as one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for the twelfth consecutive year.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Sarah Cairns, Recruitment Consultant on 0207 183 6462.
Skills: CTA , ACCA , CA , ACA , CIMA , VAT , TAX , Senior , Accountancy , Director , Finance , Accountant