|Gibraltar,||Salary: £35000 - £50000 per annum + +benefits package & relocation assistance|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance, Insurance Industry, Legal & Compliance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Underwritng / Compliance Manager - Insurance - Salary £35,000 - £50,000 - Gibraltar
Our client is a leading Insurance company established for many years in Gibraltar, the main Director works between the UK office and Gibraltar. This newly created Underwriting/Compliance Manager role will be responsible for the day to day administration process, compliance matters and ensuring the delivery of our client's plans for future business objectives. The successful candidate will be involved in implementing new lines of business and ensuring the company is operating profitably.
The appointed Underwriting / Compliance Manager duties and responsibilities are but not confined to:
- Day to day overview of the administration of the various insurance schemes;
- Reviewing of the various insurance schemes that we currently write and ensure all are running profitably - monitor premium levels, claims ratios, frequency etc;
- Build relationships with all our business partners and develop a good understanding of their business and get close to each partner head;
- Assist with assessing viability of potential new business;
- Assist in the implementation of new lines of business, and working on own initiative when required including prep of policy terms and conditions;
- Reviewing, drafting and renewal of necessary legal agreements including Service Level Agreements;
- Reviewing, drafting and renewal of reinsurance documentation for new and existing schemes;
- Deal with correspondence from and develop relationship with the Gibraltar FSC, also ensuring smooth notification process for new classes, territories etc.
- Research and updates on FSC, FSA, EIOPA and other relevant regulatory bodies;
- Audits of the various business partners;
- Solvency II work including review of all System of Governance documents etc.
The appointed Underwriting Manager profile is as follows:
- Proven history of delivering results and projects to agreed deadlines plus experience of being responsible for the development /management of a motor product.
- Ideally ACII qualified or near completion
- A comprehensive knowledge of legal, compliance, regulatory and market issues concerning underwriting processes
- Strong creative and commercial abilities as well as analytical approach to underwriting and pricing recommendations.
- Good communication skills to drive the business plan forward
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills, advanced Excel ability required
Our client has had dramatic growth across various sectors in the course of the last 3 years, exceeding all projections forecasted for this time period. The Director is now seeking to put in place an experienced management structure into the business at the Gibraltar office. The successful Underwriting Manager will be a key placement to assist with their next phase of expansion into other Insurance markets.
The client offers a salary in the region of £35 -50,000k plus benefits and relocation assistance DOE, there can be flexibility offered for directly relevant applications
Do you have what it takes to achieve these ambitious expansion plans and add real value to such a successful Insurance Company?
Apply now to find out more, the interview selection process is underway.
Skills Underwriting, Compliance , Insurance , ACII , Legal , FSC , FSA , EIOPA