|Gibraltar||Salary: Up to £22000 per annum + Competitive + Benefits|
|Sector: Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Underwriting Assistant | Insurance Sector | Competitive salary £18 - 22,000k plus benefits DOE | Candidates applying must be living in the local Gibraltar or Spanish area | Gibraltar
SRGEurope are actively recruiting for an Underwriting Assistant to join a growing insurance Company with a base in Gibraltar. The ideal candidate will be a Graduate and ideally have 6 to 12 months experience in claims or underwriting. A full training program is offered by the Head of Trading and Underwriting to all successful hires plus CII study support will be offered post probation. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who are looking for a fast track career progression in Insurance.
Our client is a market leading insurance company well established in both the UK and Gibraltar, the Directors are based in Gibraltar and work between the UK and Gibraltar Offices. This newly created Underwriting Assistant role will be working alongside the growing team of Underwriters.
The appointed Underwriting Assistant duties, responsibilities and profile are as follows:
- Fluency to native level English for both written and spoken working correspondence with both clients and the UK office.
- Graduate with a good academic history
- Self-motivated approach to career
- Non Graduate applicants will be considered if they have 2 years relevant experience in claims or underwriting from the UK or Gibraltar Insurance markets
- Assisting the Senior Underwriters with claims review, assessment and claims approval.
- Renewals management.
- Liaising with clients re midterm adjustments to policies.
- Ability to learn quickly several different product features and successfully apply them during the claims review and approval.
- Assist with complaints cases using a diligent attention to detail during this review.
- Working as part of the team and having the ability to work under your own guidance when required.
- Handling a variety of other administrative responsibilities for senior staff members to ensure accuracy and timely processing of the daily tasks.
- Supporting company's senior staff members in answering phones, taking and distributing messages, as well as providing (if required) customers with information as requested.
- Good computer and email literacy
- Entering data into a computer database and organising and maintaining files.
- Working with senior staff on creating and modifying insurance contracts.
- Maintaining a good relationship with the UK office and its Underwriting team
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
Apply now to find out more and receive a full job specification. Contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director at SRGEurope firstname.lastname@example.org or call +35020069999
Insurance | Underwriting Assistant | Commercial Underwriting | Gibraltar