|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Underwriting and Claims Director | CII qualified | Personal Lines Insurance | Gibraltar
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an Underwriting and Claims Director for an exciting high scale start-up company in Gibraltar with their headquarters based in the UK. The Underwriting and Claims Director will be required to assist in running the Gibraltar office alongside the Company's Insurance Manager as well as overseeing and working alongside the underwriting and claims functions based in the United Kingdom
If you are an experienced in this specialist area this Underwriting and Claims Director could be the role for you.
What's on offer to you?
- Professional development budget
- Health, WFH and wellbeing budget
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
- Increases to all allowances year on year
- Extensive additional benefit
What You Will Be Doing
- Serve as a Board level Director and Claims and Underwriting Committee Member for the Company.
- To develop the office and the Gibraltar business alongside the Chief Executive Officer and the Company's Insurance Manager.
- To liaise with the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission and other key stakeholders as required in relation to claims and underwriting matters.
- To oversee the underwriting and claims functions including liaising with the UK based broker and outsourced Claims Handlers.
- To deliver product and underwriting strategy through digital channels.
- To drive new business sales and conversion rates.
- To develop risk management frameworks/models and identify and help manage key underwriting, claims and reserving risks.
- To assess risk and pricing to ensure premiums are competitive and in line with business strategy.
- To ensure underwriting policies, procedures and guidelines are in line with the Company's strategy and regulatory compliance and assist with the drafting and periodic updating of said policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure relevant reporting and analysis is in place for monitoring the underwriting result.
- Sign off on policy wordings, letters and general information.
- Liaise with the outsourced Claims handler regarding the overall claims handling provision including claims trends, large losses and potential and actual fraudulent claims.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Possess motor claims and Head of underwriting experience in a previous role.
- Possess CII or relevant qualification.
- Possess adequate knowledge and skills to be approved as both an Executive Director and as the respective Head of Underwriting and Head of Claims by the GFSC.
- Possess a solid understanding of Solvency II requirements.
- Possess a broad understanding of corporate governance and risk requirements.
- Experience in arranging and managing reinsurance, both XoL and quota share.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 00350 200 69999
Claims Director | Underwriting | Insurance | Gibraltar