|Edinburgh, Scotland||Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Sarah Cairns|
Tax Supervisor - Accounting - £Above Market Rate + Bonus and Benefits - Personal Tax - Edinburgh, UK
EU Applicants only considered
Our client is an Edinburgh based firm of Chartered Accountants. They have been trading for over a 100 years remaining independent and can proudly say they are one of Edinburgh and Scotland's major independent Chartered Accountancy firms. The successfully appointed Tax Supervisor will work as part of the personal tax team servicing the whole office, working with the Tax Associate and Partners. This is an excellent opportunity for either an experienced Supervisor or a Senior looking for a more challenging role.
The appointed Tax Supervisor Main Duties are:
- Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and ensure that the clients' needs are fully met
- Identify and understand client needs, communicating these to the senior manager/partner;
- Plan and control all Tax Compliance work for client allocation to ensure all deadlines are met where possible
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager to ensure that all possible Tax Compliance work for the Tax Department is done by the normal deadlines
- Provide potential solutions on technical problems arising in day to day work to the Tax Associate
- Acting as a responsible member of the Tax team, providing support, development, encouragement and guidance to more junior staff.
- Conducting supervision of more Junior staff in the office to ensure expected standards of behaviour are adhered to
- Producing work for Tax Associate/Partner review which requires little further input, clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified
- Prioritising work to deal with matters efficiently and effectively delivering a valuable service to clients
The Tax Supervisors Profile and Skills are:
- ATT and/or CTA qualification is preferred but not essential, but some experience at review level is essential
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
- Have proven client management expertise
- Work well within a team environment whilst being motivated personally
My client has a passion for helping small to medium-sized businesses succeed and achieve their business plan. Each of their Partners gained experience in large international Accountancy practices before choosing to work in a more client-focussed environment. This has been the key to their success as Tax Specialists.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Sarah Cairns, Recruitment Consultant on 0207 183 6462.
We have a variety of jobs within the Accounting and Finance sector ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please get in touch to discuss other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
This advert is posted by SRGEurope (www.srgeurope.com), a UK based recruitment consultancy, on behalf of one of our client's. All of our job adverts are for live jobs that we are pro-actively recruiting for.
ATT | CTA | CIMA | Tax Senior | Personal Tax | Chartered Accountant | Accountant