|London, England||Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Sarah Cairns|
Tax Accountant | London - Competitive salary plus benefits including life assurance, pension, annual salary reviews | ICAS | ACCA. ACA, CTA, VAT, EU TAX
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit a Tax Accountant working for a leading Energy, Logistics, and Technology Solutions Global Organisation. The Tax Accountant (VAT/Customs) will assist with the daily management of local VAT and cross-border VAT compliance matters for European operations.
The Tax Accountant Responsibilities:
- Support the review and manage excise tax returns / processes for various EU countries.
- Assist with managing and maintaining indirect tax and customs processes, including the review of periodical indirect tax returns for EU countries.
- Manage relationships with third party service providers and tax authorities across EU.
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Assist with advising in a pro-active manner on VAT and excise tax related matters to various business units within the company (Supply Chain, Sales department, etc.).
- Showing an interest in taxation and be pro-active in staying on top of new VAT and Customs developments.
The Tax Accountant Requirement:
- The successful candidate is likely to have in excess of 3 years' experience in pan-European VAT compliance. This will have been gained in either an international accounting practice or within industry.
- A bachelor / master degree in accountancy, tax or equivalent degree.
- Indirect Tax compliance knowledge is essential.
- Knowledge in custom regulations / compliance is desirable.
- Experience in liaising with EU Tax authorities and with interpretation of local and EU Indirect Tax legislation is essential.
- Experience of supporting oil industry related operations is desirable.
- Advanced Excel knowledge is essential.
- French or Italian or German languages is highly desirable.
Our client who is a global leader in the downstream marketing and financing of aviation, marine and land fuel products and related services. They pride themselves on having employees that are the key to their global success. They are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of their strong professional team. Their people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution is highly valued. They promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or call us on 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.