|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive + Benefits|
|Sector: iGaming, Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Robert Ally|
Systems / SysOps Engineer | DevOps, Solaris, VMWare | Gibraltar
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit a Systems / SysOps Engineer for leading gaming company in Gibraltar. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading global company using cutting edge technology and you'll be contributing to the technical team with the goal of maintaining a highly resilient, scalable and efficient operational environment.
Systems / SysOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Support a heterogeneous Production environment and be the subject matter expert with our Solaris, Storage and Backup technologies.
- Design and implement new solutions with repeatability, efficiency, security, and reliability.
- Identify, analyse and drive through improvements in core systems
- Communicate and collaborate with other core teams as well as business functional teams and third-party vendors.
- Be part of a 24x7 out of hours Rota.
- Uphold the highest of operational standards
- Work in a flexible high energy environment
- End to end ownership of an issue from the point of identification to the complete resolution
Systems / SysOps Engineer Requirements:
- Strong experience in a similar role in a highly transactional fast- moving environment.
- Expert in every aspect of Solaris 10, Veritas cluster, VXVM, SAN Storage, Backup technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, general networking and fundamental administration skills is required.
- A working knowledge of a scripting language such as bash, python or ansible would be advantageous.
- knowledge of VMware concepts and administration or other virtualization technologies is advisable.
- Knowledge and experience around docker/K8s whilst not a requirement would be welcomed.
- Should have experience with Git, subversion, or similar technologies.
- An understanding of cloud concepts and devops procedures, knowledge of specific cloud providers would be especially useful.
- It would be advantageous to have experience with orchestration tool such as terraform, salt or ansible.
- Experience with CI/CD whilst not a requirement would be advantageous.
- A strong sense of adaptability and willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
- Embrace Infrastructure as code and automation in all aspects of your work.
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Experience working with large global multi-site environments
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We can even help you with your relocation process read more here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 0207 183 6462, we look forward to hearing from you.
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.