|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: Plus benefits|
|Sector: Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Kirsten Jefferson|
Systems Engineer | Attractive salary | Gibraltar | International Company
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit a Systems Engineer to join an International Company with offices in Gibraltar which offers ample opportunities to progress your career. Joining a technically strong team, you will maintain, build out and trouble shoot the rapidly expanding infrastructure.
Responsibilities of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Manage & monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Ensure highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Manage and document system configurations.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems incl. redundant and high availability server, network, VoIP and mass storage deployments.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and minimising human intervention
- Evaluate systems, as well as overall architecture and performance, to recommend improvements.
- Design and maintain disaster recovery plans, and enforce backup and archival procedures.
- Design, implement and promote high levels of security practices and procedures across all systems and data.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Systems Engineer Requirements:
- Computer Science or Engineering Degree or similar
- Experience to include: installing & connecting computer hardware components such as servers (HP, IBM, Dell), network devices (switches, routers, firewalls), and storage arrays
- Virtualization technologies & systems (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V)
- Configuring & managing monitoring systems (incl. Nagios, Zabbix, OpenNMS, Netflow)
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting high availability Windows and UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Strong networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Network switches, firewalls and large WiFi deployments (Cisco, Unifi).
- Configuring and maintaining VPN technologies and configurations an advantage (OpenVPN, IPSec)
- VoIP systems including SIP and IP telephony solutions (Avaya, 3CX)
- Mass storage systems including SAS, SATA, RAID arrays, volumes, LUNs, iSCSI, NFS and SMB protocols, and Block and File level Snapshot technologies.
- Experience working with high availability DAS, NAS, SAN architectures (e.g., HP MSA, QNAP, Synology)
- Information Security best practices and applying them to large and distributed systems
- Cloud experience, preferably in Azure, Office 365 environments
Our Client is a forward thinking and dynamic International technology company looking to expand on their already brilliant and dedicated colleagues. They offer ample opportunities to progress your career and the opportunity to work in sunny Gibraltar.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Kirsten Jefferson, Recruitment Consultant on 0207 183 6462 or e-mail Kirsten.email@example.com
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please get in touch to discuss other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
SKILLS: Software Engineer, Hardsware, Windows, UNIX, Linux, Scripting, Shell Scripts, Perl, Ruby, Phython, VMware, Hyper-V, TCP/IP, Cisco, VPN, VOIP