|Birmingham, West Midlands||Salary: Competitive + Benefits|
|Sector: Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Robert Ally|
SQL DBA / Database Administrator | SQL, SSIS, SSRS | Birmingham
SRGEurope are currently recruiting for a national brand to find a SQL DBA who will be part of a major system upgrade and carry out maintenance & support of multiple enterprise, mission critical databases. As the SQL DBA, you will be working onsite to provide resolution of incidents & problems including root cause analysis. Recommending & performing change activities in relation to the databases & interfaced application configurations and performing scheduled database project defined activities.
SQL DBA Responsibilities:
- Be the main point of technical liaison between the Customer's and internal IT teams
- Provide reactive support, to tight response and resolution deadlines, in the event of an unplanned interruption to the customer's provided services where an application has a dependency on a database.
- Lead the resolution of incidents raised as part of the resolver group and problem resolution where problem is directly related to database behaviour.
- Provide task management and mentoring to a small team of offshore DBAs
- Provide daily database administration activities including, but not limited to:
- Housekeeping including the creation, implementation and maintaining of maintenance plans that are attributed to the efficient running of a Database and any associated Application with a dependency on the Database.
Monitoring and Alerting of Microsoft SQL databases using the provided tools (SolarWinds & AppDynamics), review, create, implement, and maintain monitoring parameters leading to proactive database monitoring and importantly issue prevention.
- Provide out of hours support as a member of an on-call rota for P1 incidents.
SQL DBA Requirements:
You must be able to go to the central Birmingham office (Post pandemic)
- MCDBA (Microsoft Certified DBA).
- Experienced with all editions of MS SQL Server from 2000 through to 2019.
- Database upgrades and migrations from SQLServer 2000 onwards.
- SQL Server Database 2019 installation & management.
- Significant commercial experience as a production DBA covering Microsoft SQL Server 2019.
- Configuration of SQL Server in a HA environment including Windows Server Failover Clusters (WSFC), Log shipping and Always-On High Availability (Availability Groups).
- SSIS, SSRS, ETL in SQL Server experience.
- SQL Server Security and DR solutions.
- SQL Server backup, recovery, and performance tuning.
- Full project lifecycle as a project/development DBA through to Production.
- Knowledge of latest features of SQL Server and their benefits.
- Proficient in assessing and performance tuning T-SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Performance troubleshooting business critical databases.
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment, ideally possesses an ITIL Foundation qualification.
- Experience and working knowledge of other RDBMS systems, especially Oracle.
- Team management experience.
- Comfortable communicating with top tier management and stake holders at director level.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or call us 0207 183 6462, we look forward to hearing from you. We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
SQL DBA | Database Administrator | Birmingham | SQL | SSIS | SSRS