|Switzerland, Switzerland||Salary: Swiss Franc125000 per annum|
|Sector: Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: asap||Contact: Tom Thronicker|
Senior RF IC Design Engineer - CHF 125,000 (salary + bonus) plus benefits - Semiconductor Design Sector - Switzerland
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit a Senior RF IC Design Engineer for a world leader in the RF IC Design sector from their base in Switzerland. The successful candidate will join the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) business unit and help the company pave the way towards innovative and low-power IoT solutions.
Senior RF IC Design Engineer - the Responsibilities:
- IC design technical lead for the RF transceiver section of EM's BLE SoCs: provide expert consulting to Project Managers, other IC designers, FAE team and customers.
- Define RF architecture and conduct RF system study, draft IC specifications, test plans and documentation.
- RF IC design: develop, simulate and validate RF, analog, mixed-signal IC in deep-submicron CMOS. Supervise layout with backend team.
- System-level design: develop and test wireless PCBs/modules, conduct electromagnetic analysis/simulations and antenna study, design for qualification and certification.
- Solve complex technical problems spreading over multiple domains around the radio section of SoCs (interfaces, digital system, power management unit, packaging, etc.)
- Supervise third-party contractors. Benchmark competitive solutions and IPs, study technology and standard trends, contribute to the BU's wireless roadmap.
Senior RF IC Design Engineer - the Requirements:
- At least a Master degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 7 years of industrial experience in the field of BLE (or similar) RF SoCs in deep-submicron CMOS.
- Proven experience of putting RF transceivers into production is a clear plus.
- Excellent understanding and proven experience is expected in the following areas:
- Design of RF/analog/mixed-signal blocks in deep-submicron CMOS: LNA, PA, mixers, PLL, VCO and crystal oscillators, ADC/DAC, analog/digital filters.
- Understanding wireless product requirements, conducting RF system analysis and breakdown along signal chain.
- Design of RF PCBs and passives, using electromagnetic design tools/simulators.
- Use of state-of-the-art RF IC design/simulation tools and methodologies, and RF measurement instruments/analyzers.
- Industrialization, qualification (for production) and certification of wireless solutions.
- Know-how of standard like BLE (or similar) is a clear plus.
- Ultra-low-power and low-voltage (1V) RF and analog IC design (transistor level). Design, modelling and simulation of passives used for RF transceivers.
- Deep understanding of RF coupling mechanism and state of the art isolation methods.
- Hands-on experience with on-chip / PCB coupling, strong debug skills.
- Positive attitude for owning design and finding creative solutions. Talent for solving complex problems over a variety of domains around the radio.
- Team player sharing tasks and know-how proactively with colleagues, team driver stimulating cooperation among multidisciplinary teams/sites/partners.
- Strong on communication and reporting in English. At ease with mentoring other teams/groups (FAE, SW, sales) and for representation towards customers.
- Willingness to travel regularly to other EM sites in USA and Czech Republic.
Currently leading the way in designing some of the most advanced RFID tech in the market, including some of the smallest Bluetooth chips available, the client is a global leader in Wearables, Automotive, Healthcare, Industrial, and more.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Tom Thronicker, Recruitment Consultant on 00350 200 69999 (change to UK number if applicable).
We have a variety of jobs within the IC Design sector ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please get in touch to discuss other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
KEYWORDS: IC Design , RFIC , RFID , LF , HF , UHF , CMOS , SoC , PLL, ADC , DAC