|Malta Island, Malta||Salary: Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Legal & Compliance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Senior Legal Officer | Financial Services | Salary package c40,000 euro plus benefits
SRGEurope are seeking a Senior Legal Officer to join a leading financial services company based in Malta. As part of our growth strategy, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Legal Officer within our team in Malta. If you have relevant experience and are looking for career advancement this is your opportunity. The role reports to the Head of Legal and Compliance. The client has full Visa and MasterCard membership.
Senior Legal Officer - Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Contract review and drafting
- Negotiating, drafting and overall management of agreements;
- Assisting the Commercial department with the interpretation and drafting the clients NDAs, T&Cs and drafting of any ancillary agreements
- Providing high quality, practical advice on all legal issues affecting the company
- Providing day-to-day legal support to the Commercial team
- Handling of disputes and complaints that arise from time to time including attending court sittings and the preparation of judicial acts as the need arises
- Providing training and support to various teams
- Assisting the Product team with contractual needs (suppliers and product offerings)
- Provide Support to the Head of Legal and Compliance
Senior Legal Officer - Essential Criteria:
- Fluent in English (and preferably Maltese also but it's not mandatory)
- Presentation skills
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- A good team player, capable of leading in a fast-paced pressured environment maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Excellent Communication Skills, with the ability to deal efficiently with different internal departments and external counterparts.
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks
- 3 - 5 years' experience in the banking and payments industry or similar
- Law Degree
- A warrant to practice at the Maltese Courts of Justice shall be considered an asset
- Confident and self-sufficient.
- Flexible and comfortable with a broad variety of duties that may change at short notice.
- Genuine passion for legal, compliance, and finance.
- Proactive, emotionally intelligent individual with great people skills and keen eye for detail.
Our client is a unique solution provider in the online payment sector. Their clients and partners can enjoy the benefit of working with a single, service-oriented provider for all their payment needs. Their payment products facilitate the acceptance of card transactions across multiple channels, enabling businesses of all sizes to reach, engage and transact with customers wherever they are, on whatever device they may be using.
Apply now without delay to find out more, interview slots are waiting to be filled.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
Senior Legal Officer | Financial Services | Regulated Industry | Contract Law| Card Payments | Agreements