|Gibraltar||Salary: £40000 - £42000 per annum + Plus bonus & relocation assistance|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance, Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Senior Financial Accountant – Motor Insurance – Gibraltar
Salary Package c£40,000 - £42,000 DOE plus bonus and benefits and relocation assistance
Our client is a UK leading Motor Insurance company that has expanded and developed its product base over the last 6 years. The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of financial reporting and regulatory reporting outputs for our Insurance client, design solutions and implement new and enhanced reporting capabilities covering various reporting requirements, including Solvency II Pillar 3 regulatory reporting. Also the role involves the preparation of analysis for management on balance sheet assets and liabilities, including investment and reinsurance counterparty exposure.
The appointed Senior Financial Accountant duties and responsibilities are but not confined to:
Regulatory Reporting, to include:
- Ownership and maintenance of Regulatory Reporting system including liaison with developers on modifications and implementation of enhancements and updates.
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual Solvency II QRT regulatory Returns
- Review and validate data inputs (from Asset Managers and Actuarial Team)
- Preparation of finance inputs for QRT reporting
- Designing and implementing improvements to controls over data received from external Brokers, partner insurers and investment managers
- Maintain the company's central repository of Reinsurance counterparty data and analytics
Financial reporting, to include:
- Support the management reporting team for the monthly reporting packs
- Responsibility for the maintenance of the company's general ledger accounting package
- Assist in the preparation of the annual statutory accounts and government returns
- Designing and implementing reporting solutions for the new reporting requirements
- Ad hoc financial reporting, to include creation of reporting for external suppliers, liaison with banks and investment managers, and liaison with other Group companies for financial reporting purposes
The appointed Senior Financial Accountant profile is as follows:
- Strong team player
- Well organised, motivated and self-sufficient, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to design and implement reporting solutions for a given challenge
- Technical knowledge of insurance/reinsurance terms, contracts, reserving, settlement practices
- Strong analytical, documentation and presentation skills
- Understanding of financial reporting systems and supporting technologies (Specifically, a working knowledge of IBM TM1, Access Dimensions and Tagetik would be beneficial)
- Ability to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong computer skills, in particular proficiency in primarily Excel
Our client has made dramatic growth in the Motor and Van Insurance sector in the course of the last 8 years, exceeding all projections forecasted for this time period. The Finance Director is now seeking to put in place an experienced team of Finance professionals into the business at their Gibraltar office. The successful candidate will be a key placement to assist with their next phase of expansion covering the UK and Gibraltar.
Do you have what it takes to achieve these ambitious expansion plans and add real value to such a successful Insurance Company?
Apply now to find out more and receive a full job specification.
Skills Accountant , Insurance , IBM TM1 , Access Dimensions , Tagetik , ACCA, ACA, CIMA , CIPFA , Motor Insurance , Solvency II (SII)