|Hampshire, England||Salary: Plus excellent benefits|
|Sector: Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Tom Thronicker|
Senior Digital IC Design Engineer - Competitive Market Rates + benefits - Semiconductor Design Sector - UK (Bristol/Southampton)
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit a Senior Digital IC Design Engineer for one of the UK's most innovative and forward-looking names in in high-speed fibre-optics based communications, operating on advanced CMOS nodes. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking digital design from conception to a synthesised and fully-verified macro.
Senior Digital IC Design Engineer - the Responsibilities
- Generation and verification of RTL and Netlist views of digital macros for next generation Optical Communications ICs in deep submicron CMOS processes
- Defining and documenting digital block specifications working from customer requirements
- VHDL, System Verilog and Verilog RTL coding, gate level simulation and debug
- Responsible for IP integration including digital IPs such as microcontrollers, memories and IOs
- Setting constraints for synthesis and formal verification
- Synthesising designs to gate level, ensuring appropriate insertion of Test, Clock and Debug structures
- Place and route digital layout generation and post layout verification
- Carrying out FPGA prototype emulation
- Defining the implementation and simulation strategies for optimal Mixed Signal IC execution
- Implementing simulation test bench for designs and carrying out simulations ensuring high levels of coverage across mixed signal designs and digital IPs
- Executing formal verification between the various compiled views (including RTL and gate level)
- Implementing appropriate IP views for complex analogue and digital components
- Familiarity of the full design flow from RTL to synthesised layout using Cadence tool suites
- Detailed knowledge of design for test, design for manufacturing and reliability best practices
- Good scripting skills (Perl, Tcl)
- Excellent configuration management expertise
- CPU subsystem and DMA bus infrastructure expertise
- Executing the development to aggressive timelines / quality targets
- BSc or BEng Hons Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- Solid post graduate experience in Engineering
Senior Digital IC Design Engineer - the Candidate Profile:
- When it comes to the individual, we are looking for someone with particular attributes; someone who is driven, who goes out of his or her way to complete a task and has relentless drive to achieve results; is independent, self-directed and takes initiative.
- Someone with very good time management skills: sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to project schedules; breaks each objective into tasks and provides realistic time estimates for completion of those tasks.
- A very good capacity for problem solving: has the ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective and commercial solutions, and who can prove that they can look beyond the obvious and not stop at the first solution.
- Excellent communication skills: can adapt communication for internal and external customer needs; has strong verbal and written communication skills and an excellent command of technical English.
Founded in 2012 by industry veterans, the company design and supply analogue and mixed-signal CMOS ICs for high speed fibre-optics based communications and networking applications. Particularly they specialise in the world's highest performance PMD and PHY ICs in advanced CMOS nodes, for example the highest sensitivity CMOS TIAs @ 1, 2.5, 10, 12 and 28Gbps
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Tom Thronicker, Recruitment Consultant on 00350 200 69999
We have a variety of jobs within the IC Design sector ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please get in touch to discuss other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
KEYWORDS: IC Design, Digital Design, CMOS, VHDL, System Verilog, Verilog, FPGA, Perl, Tcl