|City of London, London||Salary: Competitive + Benefits|
|Sector: Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Senior Computational Biologist | Biomedical, Biology, NLP, Python, AI, Data Science | Fully Remote UK
SRGEurope are currently recruiting for a Senior Computational Biologist to work for an innovative and rapidly growing biomedical company. You will be joining a mature technology set-up with a highly competent technical team in place, with a start-up feel. We are looking for an exceptional computational biologist with a speciality in natural language processing and systems biology to join the growing team.
Senior Computational Biologist Responsibilities:
- Effectively interact with a diverse group of people (biologists, data scientists, developers, customers etc.).
- Be productive in a distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to a schedule, and to motivate and mentor others to do the same.
- Be a key figurehead in a venture backed company with an accelerating growth rate and global traction.
- Work on testing and documentation for building scalable and stable platforms.
- You will work closely with our platform and data science team to apply your deep understanding of biology towards solving critical challenges in target, biomarker and drug discovery.
Senior Computational Biologist Requirements:
- PhD focused on natural language processing and computational biology.
- Proven track record of at least 5 years computational biology experience within the biopharma industry.
- Must be able to code in Python or Java, with experience working with software engineering teams.
- Experience with knowledge graphs and applications of graph theory towards meeting systems biology challenges.
- Experience with building, maintaining, and leveraging ontologies and controlled vocabularies.
- Familiar with and comfortable using word embeddings and other AI and ML focused NLP/NLU algorithms.
- Extremely knowledgeable of the challenges of developing and applying algorithms to target, biomarker and drug discovery.
- Experience with maintaining and interfacing with a range of database and data warehouse technologies. E.g. big query, SQL, Neo4J and other graph dbs.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 0207 183 6462, we look forward to hearing from you. We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.