|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: £50000 - £52000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance, Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Senior Accountant | Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA | Insurance Sector Experience Ideal | Salary c£50 -52,000k DOE plus bonus and benefits | Gibraltar | EU Applications can only be considered
SRGEurope are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to work for an International client with a base in Gibraltar. Are you considering that next Finance career move within the Insurance Sector? As a Senior Financial Accountant do you have excellent reporting skills ideally with Solvency II reporting knowledge?
Our Insurance client is looking to recruit a career focussed Senior Accountant to join its expanding Office in Gibraltar. The Company also has offices in the UK and Asia. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Finance based in Gibraltar and the FD in the UK office. You will be able to demonstrate commitment to such a role, have excellent attention to detail and ideally have a sound knowledge of Insurance Accounting principles.
The Senior Accountant Responsibilities but not confined to:
- Financial and Operational analysis - assist with the implementation, document and monitor adherence to finance process and recommend process improvement
- Financial Reporting - assist with preparing internal and external financial reports and returns for timely reporting to management
- Management Accounts
- Measure and monitor key financials, savings and expenditures
- Assist with the preparation of Budgets
- Oversight and control of local expenses and payments
- Ensuring adherence to local taxation obligations
- Ensure adherence with compliance and regulatory obligations including Solvency II
- Liaison with internal and external auditors when required
The Senior Accountant profile:
- At least 5+ years of working experience in finance, accounting, controlling and reporting ideally in the (re)insurance business or similar
- Formal accounting qualification desirable ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Language skills: English fluent written and spoken, Maltese and/or any other European language desirable
- Very good comprehension of MS Office (e.g. Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Flair for numbers and analytical skills
- Diligent and accurate working style, detail-oriented
- Good verbal and written business communication skills
- Excellent team player who enjoys being part of an international team
- Ability to work independently
- Good planning and organizational skills
Is a billion turnover multi-line reinsurer writing all major property & casualty and specialty lines of business throughout the Globe. Our client offers insurance capacity and capital to brokers and business partners to support the continued growth of the business, and benefits from the financial strength of the Group Companies.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
SKILLS: Reporting | Senior Accountant | ACA | ACCA | CIMA | Qualified | Insurance | Gibraltar | Solvency II