|Peterborough, Cambridgeshire||Salary: £25000 - £28000 per annum + Plus benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Kirsten Jefferson|
Accountancy job in Peterborough, UK! Our client is looking for an experienced and confident Payroll Senior to join their busy payroll department. They are able to offer you the opportunity to further your career within a thriving company. Peterborough is located just 1 hour away by Train from London's Kings Cross Station.
Payroll Senior Duties include but are not limited to:
Process all payrolls from start to finish
- Starters, Leavers and Permanent data changes
- Process variable data from clients
- Manage multiple deadlines for variable data and managing clients throughout their pay cycle
- Report processing and sending to clients
- Produce BACS payment schedules and organise payment of BACS
- Liaise with client and dealing with salary queries
- Completing monthly pension returns
- Dealing with queries from the client and HM Revenue & Customs
- Processing and calculating statutory payments such as SMP, SSP etc.
- Manually calculating pro-rata payments such as holiday pay, hourly/daily rates of pay etc.
- Keeping abreast of new legislation, supporting the team implement new procedures
- Ad hoc tasks as required
Payroll Senior Skills and Experience required:
- Star payroll experience beneficial
- Proven Payroll experience
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually
- Excellent IT skills
- Good GCSE results with a minimum C or above in English and Maths
- CIPP qualification (or studying towards the qualification) is essential
Our client is a well established chartered accountancy firm, with offices across the UK. They provide their exceptional training and long term career development opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading company.
If you are interested in this role and want to know more apply now for further information!
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£100k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Skills: Payroll, Star Payroll, CIPP, BACS, Salary, HM Revenue & Customs, SMP, SSP, Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals