|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Robert Ally|
Senior Network Engineer | Gibraltar | WAN, Cisco, Juniper
SRGEurope are currently recruiting for a Network Engineer to handle global network infrastructure. As an experienced Network Engineer, you will be leading, developing and delivering enterprise grade network infrastructure, automation and orchestration solutions. You will tackle complex problems and use your own initiative to meet the varying demands of the role.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- You will implement and run enterprise networking solutions with high reliability and availability.
- Introduce new networking technologies or improve existing technologies to transform existing capabilities and services.
- Design, develop and implement orchestration workflows for infrastructure configuration, backup and management.
- You care about network performance and can compose analytics visualizations using 3rd party and custom applications.
- Work closely with video streaming traffic to evaluate performance, efficiency, security and functionality.
- Provide networking domain expertise to other teams and 3rd line support
- Participate actively in engineering and architecture solution peer reviews and solution design sessions.
- You will work independently and exercise reasonable discernment with little supervision while providing clear documentation of activities and accomplishments.
- You will interact closely with peers and management across all functional teams.
Network Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent
- 5-7 years' experience in a network engineering or telecommunication environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following technologies:
- Cisco and Juniper routers & switches
- MPLS, BGP & Internet Exchange Peering
- Network QoS
- Multicast routing
- Network management and advanced IP routing knowledge
- Service Provider transport network types (optical fiber, GPON, broadband)
- IP Network Design & troubleshooting skills
Knowledge of the following technologies advantageous:
- Orchestration using Ansible/Chef/Puppet
- Containerization of network appliances with resilient orchestration
- Provisioning and billing solutions
- Linux OS
- IPTV technologies
- VoIP technologies