|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive + Benefits|
|Sector: iGaming, Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Robert Ally|
NetOps Engineer | GCP / AWS, DevOps | Gibraltar
SRG has been appointed to recruit a NetOps Engineer. As the NetOps Engineer you will join the team in Gibraltar to provide physical and virtual systems integration and networking for highly virtualized development, test, and production environments. You will drive the deployment, scaling and automation of a complex global hybrid network infrastructure.
NetOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- You will be a subject matter expert and trusted advisor who facilitates the migration and deployment of workloads from on-premise environments to multiple Cloud platforms.
- Manage the creation and delivery of technical content, with a focus on Cloud networking topologies, on-premise network integration, Cloud VPN configurations, BGP, MPLS, Cloud VPC, DNS and Load Balancing configurations for cloud.
- Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global DataCenters and Cloud providers. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
- Focus on completing tasks to maintain integrity, availability, performance and capacity management of the hybrid networking infrastructure.
- Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Promote innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
- Support on-premise network migrations to the cloud.
- Contribute to and maintain policies related to networks.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures, and networks related documentation.
- Work closely with Devops Teams to ensure seamless deployments and efficient troubleshooting of the cloud and onprem workloads
- Participate in the Network Team Out-of-hours support rota.
NetOps Engineer requirements:
- Strong knowledge of network related components, their functional scope and best implementation practices in either GCP or AWS, while have basic exposure to the rest of global CSPs: AWS, Azure, GCP and OCI
- Product knowledge and hands on experience in architecting, implementing and supporting Public Cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP and OCI).
- Extensive hands on experience with VCS (git) and CD/CI pipelines.
- Solid knowledge of automation languages and frameworks. The candidate should prove hands on experience in Terraform language.
- Excellent TCP/IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application and troubleshooting of IP protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically, BGP
- Experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: DWDM, 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, netflow, DNS, HTTP, SSL
- Possess cloud related certifications such as GCP Professional Cloud Network Engineer
- Possess Cisco related certifications such as CCNA or CCNP
- Hands on experience with container architectures as Docker/K8s
- Knowledge of DNS tampering, IP blocking
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We can even help you with your relocation process read more here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 0207 183 6462, we look forward to hearing from you.
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.