|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Management Accountant (Client Accounting) | Excellent salary DOE plus Bonus and Benefits | Part or Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA can apply | Insurance | Based in Gibraltar
Candidates will ideally be living locally with all relevant paperwork in order
SRGEurope are seeking an experienced Management Accountant to work for an Insurance client with a base in Gibraltar. The successful Management Accountant will have responsibility for their client's management accounts, statistical and commercial reporting, project management and keeping in line with the FSC guidelines in Gibraltar. Excellent inter personal skills are key as you will have direct contact with clients.
The Management Accountant Responsibilities are but not confined to:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Provide ongoing statutory and regulatory compliance through preparation and submission of various monthly, quarterly and annual returns ensuring local/EU requirements, particularly with regards to solvency calculations, are met.
- Preparation of business plans and projections.
- Good understanding of the reinsurance function and accounting for it.
- Maintain statistics for monitoring the insurance programme and claims development and other key ratios.
- Provide suitable management information to managed insurers, including budgets and forecasts and monitoring of performance and reporting where performance deviates from agreed business plan or is not compliant with FSC requirements.
- Manage the audit process by acting as key contact and by providing all requested information to the company's auditors.
- Take responsibility for your own performance in respect of workflow and process flow ensuring that identified service standards are met at all times.
- Identify and facilitate relevant training for yourself.
- Be prepared to attend Board and committee meetings, take any minutes and circulate them to all parties in good time
The Management Accountant Profile and Skills are:
- Newly Qualified or nearly Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Can be AAT qualified if you have knowledge of full Management Accounting process.
- Strong financial accounting knowledge.
- Project management - working to deadlines.
- Problem solving/trouble shooting.
- Sound knowledge of internal/external systems.
- Understand the banking system
- Have some knowledge of the admissibility rules and investment process.
- Understanding of money laundering regulations and their potential impact on managed insurer clients
- Advanced Excel skills and good IT skills in general.
- Excellent administration skills, methodical with good attention to the smaller details.
- Excellent communication skills for both internal and external communications.
- Ideally a thorough understanding of Gibraltar regulatory requirements.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
SKILLS: Client Accounting | Management Accounting | Insurance | Compliance