|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Life & Pensions Accountant | Insurance (Life Assurance) | Gibraltar | £Excellent Market Salary plus benefits
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an experienced Life & Pensions Accountant to support the life and pensions Finance department of an established Gibraltar company. This role will include the preparation of financial statements for pension schemes, preparation of the management accounts and the preparation of the valuation of investments. The Life & Pensions Accountant will be supporting the life and pensions business managing internal and external enquiries, reporting, and attending meetings as required.
If you have experience of a Life & Pensions Accountant role and are looking to take the next step in your career then this could be the role for you.
Whats on Offer:
- Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits
- Working with a reputable senior management team
- High profile role within the group, can lead to genuine career opportunities
What You Will Be Doing
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and production of monthly management information.
- Assist with preparation of budgets and various analysis.
- To prepare bank reconciliations, intercompany and any other reconciliation required on a timely basis.
- To assist with the cashflow and treasury function by monitoring incoming funds and payments due.
- To ensure that all monthly postings and recharges are on the system on a timely basis to ensure monthly management accounts can be prepared within the required deadlines.
- To issue reports for the billing and cash collections process as required. To assist in ensuring invoicing is completed on a timely basis for relevant entities.
- Support Finance Manager/Finance Controller in all tasks associated with Regulatory and Statutory Reporting.
- Preparation of financial statements based on a range of relevant information.
- Lead the liaison with the department's external auditors and other advisors ensuring all pension plans' financial statements as required are reconciled and signed off within appropriate reporting timescales.
- Reconciliation of pension scheme contributions and investments.
- To ensure client accounts transactions are posted and maintained on the department's database to produce accurate AUM, asset accumulation and up to date valuation reports and analysis.
- Review and update of client ledgers in accordance with work programmes.
- To assist with the preparation and review of the relevant investment returns as required.
- Preparation and assist with the valuation process of various investments.
- To ensure that internal accounting systems, processes and controls conform to accepted accounting principles and are robust and support the business needs.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Part CIMA or ACA qualified
- Business related Degree (minimum 2nd class) or equivalent professional qualification.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment with a flexible and adaptable attitude towards delivery of processes and controls that conform to accepted accounting principles.
- Capturing and understanding thoroughly accounting and regulatory requirements.
- High level of analytical and communication.
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues and all key stakeholders across the business audiences.
- Microsoft excel intermediate (minimum).
If you are an experienced Life & Pensions Accountant, and this is the challenge that you are looking for in your career, get in touch with me today.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email email@example.com or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar.
Life & Pensions Accountant | Gibraltar | Insurance | Life Assurance | Cashflow| Treasury