|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Audit Junior | Graduate or A level school leaver | Salary c£18 - 21k plus study support for ACCA | Gibraltar
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an Audit Junior to join an International chartered accountancy firm with an office based in Gibraltar plus over 300 other locations worldwide. The audit team provides a wide range of audit, advisory, accounting and tax services to clients and to provide support to the partners and managers. The mix of work in the team is varied and consists of a range of sectors including entertainment, hotels and HNW investment clients. This Audit Junior role would suit someone who is part way through a training programme or just setting out on their Accountancy career journey.
Audit Junior Responsibilities:
- Produce straightforward draft financial statements in statutory format using the firm's accounting software;
- Complete disclosure checklists for companies preparing accounts under UK GAAP;
- Prepare audit planning documentation for review by the supervisor;
- Attend simple stock stakes;
- Carry out basic audit tests as part of a team in relation to other statutory or non-statutory audits and due diligence work;
- Prepare annual returns and other documents for filing with Companies House;
- Complete company statutory books;
- Identify basic tax adjustments arising from accounts production and audit work;
- Prepare simple corporation tax returns using the firm's taxation software.
Audit Junior Requirements:
- Applicants may be A level school leavers or Graduates, or part AAT qualified with some work experience
- Previous experience of using excel and accounting software would be an advantage but training will be provided
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm.
- In addition to the above the individual should be organised and commercially minded. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
Our client is one of Gibraltar's top 5 accountancy practices with a network of offices. They provide excellent training and development opportunities for staff. This is truly a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, experienced Audit Junior looking for their first role in sunny Gibraltar
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
ACCA | AUDIT | AAT | ACCOUNTANCY | GIBRALTAR | TRAINEE