|Malta Island, Malta||Salary: Up to €55000 per annum + Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Clare Cogan|
Internal Auditor | Financial Services Salary package c40 - 55,000 Euro plus benefits | Malta
SRGEurope are seeking an experienced Internal Auditor to join a leading financial services company based in Malta. The Company is looking for an objective Internal Auditor to add value and improve the Company's operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful Internal Auditor will possess a thorough knowledge of operational, financial and accounting procedures and a sound, independent and objective judgement when auditing the functional areas of the Company. It is expected that the selected candidate will establish the function within the Company and adopt a risk-based approach to internal auditing.
Internal Auditor - Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Determining the internal audit scope of the Company;
- Establishing the Audit Universe of the Company following a risk assessment performed of the Company's risk management, control and governance processes;
- Developing and documenting the full Internal Audit Cycle Plan based on the results of the risk assessment performed. The Plan will list the audits that will be performed depending and in line with the risk categorisation established and approved by the Board of Directors;
- Performing the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations' effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations;
- Performing audits in a disciplined and organized manner and preparing and presenting reports that reflect the audit's results and reporting of such audit findings and recommendations to Management of the auditable areas and the Board of Directors.
- Acting as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement;
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings;
- Maintain open communication with management and the Board of Directors;
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management's interventions; and
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding the industry's rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- The Internal Auditor will report directly to the Company's Board of Directors and the candidate chosen will form part of Executive Management.
Internal Auditor - Essential Criteria:
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor.
- Qualifications - ideally CISA or any Accounting qualification
- Advanced computer skills on office tools including MS Office.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Proven knowledge of internal auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgement.
Our client is a unique solution provider in the online payment sector. Their clients and partners can enjoy the benefit of working with a single, service-oriented provider for all their payment needs. Their payment products facilitate the acceptance of card transactions across multiple channels, enabling businesses of all sizes to reach, engage and transact with customers wherever they are, on whatever device they may be using.
Do you have what it takes to be their newly appointed Internal Auditor?
Apply now without delay to find out more, interview slots are waiting to be filled.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for Malta +356 277 82156, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
Internal Auditor | Financial Services | Regulated Industry | Audit Principles | Card Payments | Risk Assessment