|Middlesex||Salary: £28000 per annum + Plus benefits|
|Sector: Tech, Business Support||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Kirsten Jefferson|
Infrastructure Engineer - Salary c£28,000 plus benefits - Middlesex
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer to join an exciting large transportation company based in Middlesex.
Reporting to the IT Director, the Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for assisting in the management and controlling of the technical aspects of the installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of the network including but not limited to:
- Servers, workstations & other network attached devices.
- Network infrastructure including routers, switches & firewalls.
- Software such as operating systems, antivirus, office applications & third party applications.
- Network & Data Security.
- Assist in the development, implementation & monitoring of an effective backup & disaster recovery strategy to ensure against loss of data through error, abuse, malfunction or disaster.
- Ensure the efficient running of all servers, computers & peripherals.
- Resolve problems reported by staff, customers and third parties either solely or with assistance from team members or through third parties.
- Act as a point of contact regarding all technical issues with manufactures, suppliers, ISP & third party organisations.
- Assist with the sourcing of pricing and procurement of network devices, software, repairs and contracts, including pricing from suppliers and completing order forms as appropriate.
- Ensure network equipment & workstations meet the health & safety legislation .
- Assist in the management of active network components including switches, wireless access points, routers & firewalls
- Install software on servers & trouble shoot any issues that may arise & maintain hardware & software on the servers
- Perform hardware repairs & upgrades
- Detect, diagnose & resolve where possible network, server, workstation & device issues
Key Skills Required:
- 2yrs experience working a LAN/WAN networking environment
- Experience with Microsoft Products including Windows Server 2008, 2012, MS Exchange 2010, MS SQL.
- Experience working with VMware
- A good working understanding of Dell Switches
- Worked with Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Ability to work independently as well as within a small team
- Knowledge of Avaya phone systems
Key Skills Desirable:
- Worked in a High Availability environment including the use of VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Experience using Windows Clustering technology
Our Client is a forward thinking transportation company based in Middlesex, looking to expand on their already brilliant and dedicated colleagues.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Kirsten Jefferson, Recruitment Consultant on 0207 183 6462.
We have a variety of jobs within the IT, Internet and Mobile sector ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please get in touch to discuss other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Skills IT , information technology , infrastructure , VMware , Cisco , LAN / WAN , clustering technology , Avaya , ASA , Firewalls , Dell