|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: Plus benefits|
|Sector: Online Gaming, Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Indirect Tax Specialist | Excellent salary DOE plus bonus and benefits | Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA | Online Gaming | Based in Gibraltar
EU Applications can only be considered
SRGEurope are seeking an experienced Indirect Tax Specialist to work for an International Online Gaming client with a base in Gibraltar. The core responsibilities of the Indirect Tax Specialist are to advise the Group Director of Tax on indirect tax matters and to take care of the day-to-day activities associated with the group's gambling tax and VAT compliance.
The Indirect Tax Specialist Responsibilities are but not confined to:
- Be a champion for tax governance, for the group's indirect tax agenda and for the group's tax strategy.
- Play a full role as part of the broader group tax and finance teams.
- Ensure compliance with relevant national gambling tax and VAT requirements in all the countries where the group has relevant activity.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of all indirect tax returns and payments.
- Liaise with the business and advise on commercial gambling tax and VAT issues.
- Analyse indirect tax processes to identify opportunities for improvement and implement best practices.
- Support, train and advise colleagues involved in activities relevant to indirect taxes to maximise VAT awareness and reduce compliance risk.
- Develop awareness of, recognise and advise on indirect tax issues related to transfer pricing arrangements.
- Provide expert support and advice in the event of compliance checks or tax enquiries.
- Act as first point of contact and manage query resolution for all indirect tax matters.
- Monitor global indirect tax developments in relevant jurisdictions and manage the communication of changes.
- Perform ad hoc tax compliance and advice as required.
The Indirect Tax Specialist Skills and Experience required:
- You will have a relevant tax, legal or accountancy qualification, supported by a minimum of three years in a professional tax / VAT environment and strong VAT knowledge. You will have a clear interest in how indirect taxes are applied to the online gaming sector.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you are self-motivated and able to lead the indirect tax agenda with minimal supervision.
- You will be able to maintain high levels of accuracy whilst meeting strict deadlines.
- You will be able to communicate confidently & effectively and to get on with people across the business.
- You will have strong analytic and research skills. You will be able to operate at a detailed technical level. You will be comfortable dealing with high volumes of accounting and legal documentation.
- You will have a good understanding of indirect tax rules and how they are applied in practice. You will be able to demonstrate commercial awareness. You will be able to provide commercial and practical business advice.
- You will be motivated to continually improve as a tax advisor to the business and as a gambling tax and indirect tax expert.
Are you interested in this Indirect Tax Specialist Role?
This role is based in Gibraltar, a British Overseas Territory on the edge of southern Spain, boasting approx. 2,778 hours of sunshine per year.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Recruitment Consultant on 00350 200 69999.
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please get in touch to discuss other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Indirect Tax, VAT, Online Gaming, Tax Governance, Gambling Tax