|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: plus benefits|
|Sector: Legal & Compliance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: asap||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
In House Lawyer (Capital Markets) | Leading Financial Services Company | Competitive salary commensurate with experience plus bonus and benefits | Applicants must hold a UK Legal Qualification and have at least 5 years PQE in commercial litigation| Gibraltar | EU Applicants only
SRGEurope are instructed to recruit for an experienced In House Lawyer for a Capital Markets company with approx. 5+ years PQE to join the Legal Affairs team of a dynamic International DLT Company with a base in Gibraltar. The In House Lawyer will need to be someone with comprehensive knowledge and/or experience of regulated financial markets. This means understanding how securities are structured and the ins and outs of various financial instruments (including debts, equities and derivatives).
In House Capital Lawyer role and responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Conduct legal reviews of companies
- Assist in legal reviews of new tokens issued
- Act as first port of call for enquires raised by a selection of the client Group Companies (covering UK, Gibraltar and International locations)
- Offer legal views on the development of the clients business line - including tokenised securities
- Draft and review legal documents for all parts of the Group business
- Manage relations with external legal counsel relating to ad hoc queries as well as ongoing projects
- Share participation on various group committees with the Head of Legal
- Assist the Head of Legal with any other necessary legal work
In House Capital Lawyer Profile:
- Qualified UK or Gibraltarian Lawyer
- At around 5+ PQE
- Experience in Capital Markets working either for private practice or in-house in a financial institution.
- Strong academic knowledge of this sector with only little or even no practical experience may still be considered.
- Strongly desired previous experience working as an in-house advisor
- Be "a hands on type" of in-house legal counsel duties such as legal drafting and contract review
- Desired interest in crypto and its legal challenges
- Needs to be able to work independently and with minimal management
- Needs to be willing and keen to learn
- Needs to have very good written and spoken English
- This is a dynamic role with a fast paced, evolving Company, dedicated to supporting the Legal Affairs of its prestigious client base. Salary package will be dependant on experience and qualifications.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
Skills: In House Lawyer, Lawyer, Qualified Lawyer , Gibraltar, Capital Markets Lawyer |Blockchain| Securities | Regulated markets