|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: Up to £100000 per annum + Includes benefits|
|Sector: Crypto Careers, Legal & Compliance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Head of Risk and Compliance | Fintech | Salary c£6 figures plus benefits | Gibraltar
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit an experienced Head of Risk and Compliance to join a creative, forward thinking Cryptocurrency Company based in Gibraltar. Our client is truly outstanding at what they do and has an incredibly talented work-force. The Head of Risk and Compliance role will be to ensure that all elements of the firm's Cryptocurrency operations and its business transactions follow all relevant legal, regulatory and internal rules and that the firm's risks are managed appropriately. To succeed in this role, you should be a seasoned professional who is not afraid to speak their mind and stand by their decisions. You should be familiar with financial services regulation and have a good understanding of risk management and control frameworks.
Head of Risk and Compliance Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and implementation of an effective firm-wide risk management and compliance framework;
- Provide independent advice and challenge in the development and maintenance of the firm's internal controls and monitor adherence to them;
- Oversee the drafting and revision of company policies;
- Develop and run a firm-wide risk assessment and monitoring programme;
- Proactively audit firm control processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses;
- Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments) and significant transaction to assess compliance risk;
- Collaborate with HR as needed in the development of an appropriate risk-aware culture;
- Set out plans to manage a compliance related incident or compliance violation;
- Educate and train employees on risk management, regulations and industry practices;
- Provide advice to the management team and all employees as required on questions of legal and regulatory compliance;
- Keep abreast of key developments in the global regulatory landscape.
Head of Risk and Compliance Requirements:
- Proven experience as a Head of Compliance or Compliance Officer with a focus on a risk-based approach to compliance;
- Experience in risk management and internal controls;
- Knowledge of financial services regulation and legal requirements and controls;
- Specific experience in Anti-Money Laundering regulations and approaches;
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards;
- Appropriate professional certification would be beneficial.
Our client is one of Gibraltar's leading Fintech/Cryptocurrency technology companies founded to create a key innovation in the financial landscape. Teamwork, innovation and the boldness to have a go and develop something new.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We can even help you with your relocation process read more here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you just want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or to call us, for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462, we look forward to hearing from you.
Head of Risk and Compliance | Investments| Regulation | AML | Clients | FSC |FSA| Fintech| Cryptocurrency