|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits|
|Sector: Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: asap||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Head of Risk and Compliance | Insurance | Gibraltar | Competitive Salary + Benefits
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit a Head of Risk and Compliance for a leading Insurance company with an expanding base in Gibraltar. They are a household name in the sector and offer outstanding career opportunities. The Head of Risk and Compliance will ideally be ACII qualified or similar and have a good knowledge of regulatory and Solvency II reporting.
If you are an experienced Head of Risk and Compliance and looking to further your career this may be the challenge for you.
What's on offer to you?
- Excellent above market base salary
- Bonus and Benefits package
- Relocation Support for UK/EU based candidates
- Working with an experienced team of Industry leaders to grow an already household name
- Genuine career progression
What You Will Be Doing
- Ensure that the compliance and risk functions act as a strong second line of defence that is supportive, enabling and independently challenging systems and controls in respect of compliance and risk management
- Follow the Regulated Individuals Regime and ensure the roles are reported and authorised by the GFSC
- Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the organisation
- Develop positive relationships with the GFSC and ensure regular communication to keep on top of the latest developments
- Develop, motivate and give direction to the Compliance Officer and Risk Coordinator and provide oversight and support for the Company Secretary function
- Ensure all packs and minutes are checked to be of a high quality before being shared with Board and Committee members
- Assist and input in to the production of key deliveries including the ORSA, SFCR and RSR
- To ensure the client complies with relevant statutory, legislative and regulatory requirements and develop and maintain a robust Risk Control Framework
- Document and monitor risks within the risk forum and risk register
- Ensuring the Board understand their regulatory risks and Compliance obligations
- To advise and escalate any breaches or 'near misses' regarding any material aspects of GFSC regulatory compliance
- Accountable for proactively managing a positive, influential and interactive relationship with the GFSC and, where appropriate, other industry bodies and ensure requests are delivered in line with their expected timelines
- Keep the Board and senior management up to date with regulatory change and news
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Experience in a senior risk and compliance role
- A good understanding of the insurance/financial services market
- Commercially oriented
- Regulatory reporting experience and knowledge of Solvency II
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and oral and written skills to clearly communicate recommendations
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time
- Results driven and able to work to tight deadlines
- Completing work with a high degree of accuracy
- Preferably CMIRM/ MICA/MCII or similar qualification
- Very high standard of English and generally professional
- Excellent at building relationships with good interpersonal and communication skill
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email email@example.com or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar.
Head of Risk and Compliance | Insurance | Gibraltar |Solvency II |Risk Reporting | Regulatory reporting