|London, England||Salary: Competitive Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Robert Ally|
Head of Platform | DevOps, GCP, Kubernetes, Terraform | £80,000 + share options | Remote UK Only
SRGEurope are currently recruiting for a Head of Platform to work for an innovative and rapidly growing biomedical company. You will be joining a mature technology set-up with a highly competent technical team in place, with a start-up feel. You will manage the platform whilst being at least 50% hands on in coding and the day-to-day DevOps build. As the Head of Platform, you will play a critical role in the company development and be responsible for the long-term vision of the infrastructure.
Head of Platform Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the long-term vision of the infrastructure.
- Join the senior management team to partake in the overall running of the business
- Be engaged in the day-to-day operations of the platform and work closely with the product manager to ensure customer and user requirements are actualised within the platform.
- Lead a talented team of data scientists, back-and front-end engineers to build and maintain a data platform, API and web application, as well as facilitating the provision of data for our professional services work.
- Be engaged in continuous infrastructure analysis, optimization and consolidation, following the addition of new features.
- Supervise and be engaged in the implementation of CI/CD pipelines for multiple systems across our platform (we currently use TeamCity).
- Be engaged in automated infrastructure provisioning and post provisioning automation using Terraform.
- Be engaged in data engineering practices, continuously optimizing our data pipelines and data warehousing practices.
- Oversee and be engaged in efficient development operations that balance service reliability and delivery speeds.
- Be a driver of DevOps culture, setting best practices across the company.
Head of Platform Requirements
- At least 7 years professional software delivery with extensive knowledge of software development lifecycle, having built and maintained complex pipelines in various enterprise-level CI and CD software.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and overseeing operations of a cloud-computing platform. Will consider AWS too
- Supervising and training junior members of staff, setting best practices, fostering a healthy workplace environment and culture.
- Experience with container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Garden and having designed and implemented Kubernetes-native applications.
- Extensive knowledge of data engineering, such as setting up data pipelines in GCP Dataflow/Dataproc and working with data warehouses such as BigQuery.
- Highly skilled in Infrastructure as Code practices, including infrastructure testing and immutable infrastructure.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of people (biologists, data scientists, developers).
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or call us 0207 183 6462, we look forward to hearing from you. We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.