|Hove, East Sussex||Salary: Plus excellent benefits|
|Sector: iGaming, Legal & Compliance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Head of Legal – Online Gaming – South of England - Salary excellent competitive plus excellent bonus and company benefits package - EU Applications only may apply
SRG Europe is instructed to recruit for a qualified Head of Legal to lead the Legal Affairs team of a dynamic Online Company based in UK but with an International presence. The Head of Legal will have extensive PQE gained in a UK law firm and/or in-house and preferably within the gaming sector or a similarly highly regulated online commercial industry.
The Head of Legal will be responsible for providing expert and strategic legal advice to senior management, leading and developing the legal function and managing all multi-jurisdictional legal matters across the organisation including all commercial, IP, competition, technology, data protection, employment, corporate, regulatory and risk matters.
Head of Legal responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Working alongside CFO/ Deputy CEO and Senior Legal Advisors on a range of legal matters to ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Assume a key (and ultimately unsupervised stand-alone) business facing role with regards to legal issues relevant to the business
- Provide business focussed proactive legal advice on challenging and varied legal issues.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documentation.
- On a continuous basis, you will be required to review and evaluate legal and statutory risk, while keeping a close working relationship with the Compliance Team.
- To ensure the effective servicing of Group and/or operating company Boards, Committees and associated meetings.
- To monitor follow up action taken after the meetings, and maintain a rolling agenda.
- To maintain Board and Committee records.
- To organise annual and extraordinary general meetings.
- Advising various departments on company secretarial matters.
- Create and foster strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Maintaining records, organising files and archiving.
- Taking minutes, drafting resolutions, lodging required forms with Companies House.
- Liaising and organising documents with external corporate service providers.
- Managing, filing and maintaining all company documents.
- Reviewing legal agreements on an ad hoc basis.
- Take a flexible approach to relevant issues and act promptly to ensure they are dealt with.
- Liaising and completing documents as required for the AGCC and GC (corporate matters).
- Develop, mentor and lead your team, establishing a culture of learning and excellence.
Head of Legal Profile:
- UK experience in private practice or an in-house lawyer role with a recognised Co.
- Sole Legal Counsel
- International scope
- Previous experience within the online gaming and sports betting industries
- Exposure to several of the following: Marketing / Advertising / Online / IP
- Management and mentoring experience.
- An aptitude for learning about diverse areas of legal practice relevant to online gaming
- Ability to influence and quickly build strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to understand complex information and explain it to operational staff
- Excellent prioritising skills, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills in English (native level).
- Second language (Spanish / Italian beneficial).
- Law Degree qualification
If you are seeking an exciting challenge in your Legal career within a commercially fast paced environment then please send your CV without delay as the client is interviewing
Skills: Legal Counsel , Qualified Lawyer , Head of Legal , Online gaming , I- gaming , LPC , IP Assets