|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Head of Finance | Insurance | Gibraltar | £Excellent Competitive Salary plus Bonus and Benefits Package
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an experienced Head of Finance for an expanding Insurance company based in the sunny jurisdiction of Gibraltar. The Head of Finance will report directly to the CEO and help shape the future of the finance team and the company with its growth planning. As Head of Finance you will report to the Board, oversee the finance function and be responsible for providing quality financial and management information. A key part of the role involves managing stakeholders, including actuaries, regulators, auditors and investment managers.
If you are seeking such a role as this Head of Finance and looking to take the next step in your Accounting career then this could be the opportunity for you.
What's on offer to you?
- Salary - very competitive for the Gibraltar market
- Bonus and Benefits package
- Career enhancing opportunity, reporting direct to Board
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsibility for the day to day running of the Finance function.
- Review and oversee all reporting financial and capital reporting (GAAP, SII and Capital).
- Oversee implementation of new accounting system.
- Ensure all processes are operated in accordance with the internal controls guidelines and maintain strong financial controls.
- Ensure robust and high quality systems and processes are developed, maintained and evaluated and continuously improved.
- Manage and develop relationships with external and internal auditors and other external providers.
- Responsible for producing the statutory financial statements for the company.
- Ensure that strong financial controls are maintained and are appropriate to the business so that full reliance can be placed on the company's financial statements and accounts.
- Provide financial insight and information to all areas of the business to ensure decisions are supported by robust financial analysis/information.
- Proactively manage risk. This includes exposure to intermediaries, reinsurers, credit risk and operational risk.
- Assist and support the Gibraltar Insurance operations.
- Treasury Management. Manage the cash flow to ensure that the business operates within its agreed bank facility and forecast.
- Proactively manage currency risk and investment risk.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Fully qualified accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA or similar ideally with financial services background.
- Insurance experience is ideal.
- Understanding of Solvency II and capital requirements.
- Technically competent in financial reporting.
- Strong GAAP/IFRS knowledge.
- Management of teams.
If this sounds like the kind of challenge you are seeking in your Finance career get in touch today.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email email@example.com or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar.
Head of Finance | Insurance | SolvencyII | IFRS | GAAP | Gibraltar