|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: £65000 - £80000 per annum + Plus benefits|
|Sector: Crypto Careers||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Head of Compliance / MLRO - Crypto Currency - Gibraltar
EU applicants may only apply
c£65-80,000 Salary Package DOE Plus Benefits
SRGEurope are seeking an experienced Head of Compliance and MLRO to work for a new Cryprocurrency company based in Gibraltar. The Head of Compliance will be tasked with maintaining company compliance within Gibraltar and European Union related to AML and risk. The Head of Compliance/MLRO will be free to act on their own authority and work side by side with the senior Director team based in other European locations. You will ideally be a recognised figure within the FSC in Gibraltar or have excellent references and connections with the FSA in UK. The client is seeking a prompt start, ideally 4 to 6 weeks from offer.
Head of Compliance/MLRO Responsibilities:
- Manage a small dedicated risk and compliance management team.
- Set high performance standards, and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures.
- Create a flexible and proactive work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best.
- Ability to draft Employment contracts, partnership contracts, internal policies and procedures according to applicable laws.
- Act as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer for the client .
- Prepare and deliver the annual report on AML to the Board.
- Prepare, approve, and sign off on the annual compliance report for submission to the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC). Maintain all risk and compliance functions in accordance with all regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Act as the approved liaison with the GFSC. Build and maintain close working relationships with the GFSC and other regulators, where required, by responding to all regulatory questions and concerns and overseeing implementation of any, and all recommendations.
- Professionally interface with the company's auditors as necessary, including being an effective advocate and spokesperson on behalf of the company regarding audits and other supervisory events and implement any follow up action as applicable.
Head of Compliance/MLRO Profile:
Banking financial institutions experience in Legal/Compliance field for 5 years minimum (preferably over 10 years)
- Clear understanding about Gibraltar and European laws in relation to AML and risk
- Ability to understand key business and strategic objectives of the company and integrate business, legal, and regulatory concepts to develop effective internal controls and risk management strategies
- Ability to effectively communicate (orally and in writing) and to professionally communicate with senior executives, business unit management and staff, regulators, outside counsel, business partners and industry contacts
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive business information and to maintain high standards of confidentially related thereto
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
Degree in banking, law, or a comparable field or an equivalent combination of training and experience is ideal. A preferred focus on financial institution regulatory matters.
- A minimum of 10 years' significant risk or compliance-related work experience inside a regulated institution, preferably as an AML Officer or other risk management professional, including direct experience in risk assessment, program development and implementation, or comparable work experience.
If you have the necessary attributes as Head of Compliance/MLRO to succeed in this role, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Head of Compliance | MLRO | Counter Terrorism | Risk assessment | AML | CFT | Crytocurrency | Blockchain