|Guernsey, Guernsey||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Qualified ACA or ACCA - Guernsey - Market leading salary plus relocation assistance plus Bonus and Benefits package
We have been appointed to recruit an experienced and qualified Fund Accounting Manager to work within a successful Financial Services Company based in Guernsey.. This is a challenging opportunity to join this expanding team and be an integral part of the Senior Management team. You will already have extensive knowledge of Fund Accounting, managing a team and have a proven record in accounting for Funds. Fund types are predominantly closed ended, investing in private equity, property, infrastructure, emerging markets and conventional fund asset classes.
In more detail, the Fund Accounting Manager responsibilities are:
- To participate in the strategic development of the Company, particularly with regard to long term planning, medium term budgets and policy decisions in conjunction with the Senior Fund Accounting Manager.
- Develop and maintain the process to ensure the timely delivery of client accounting requirements in relation to financial reports and accounts for funds and related.
- Liaise with clients and other professional advisers to agree timetables for the production of annual, interim and management accounts.
- Attend board meetings and other client meetings as required
- Liaise with auditors in order to ensure the timely completion of audits for fund and fund related entities and ensure that regulatory and statutory reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure that continuing obligations of stock exchange listed entities are met in so far as they relate to the financial accounting responsibilities.
- Ensure that current accounting standards and best practice principles are applied to the accounts production process and are kept current as such standards and principles develop.
- Manage and develop the structure and reporting lines within the accounting team and to determine the required staffing levels and ensure that candidates are recruited.
- Provide for the necessary training facilities to equip staff to fulfil their responsibilities and ensure that staff objectives and management goals are agreed and clearly stated.
- Ensure that the team's procedures are documented, followed and frequently reviewed and improved.
The Fund Accounting Manager skills required are:
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Sound technical accounting knowledge, either ACCA or ACA qualified.
- Considerable experience of fund accounting and managing a team.
- The ability to lead and inspire the accounting team.
- The ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in the Company and to prioritise own workload.
- The ability and patience to develop staff from both a training and personal development perspective.
- The drive to make continuous improvements.
Guernsey has a long standing reputation as a leading Off shore jurisdiction. Our client seeks a new member to join its already established Fund Administration team to manage this phase of expansion. The Company is a recognised European based market leader in the Financial Services sector and can provide comprehensive career enhancement opportunities. Request a full Spec on application.
Do you have what it takes? Contact us to find out more.
Skills ACCA , ACA , Fund Accounting , Qualified , Finance , Accountant ,