|Malta Island, Malta||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Contract|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Financial Controller (Reporting) /c55,000 euro + bonus +benefits package / Malta
SRGEurope are recruiting an Insurance experienced Financial Controller to join a long established personal lines Insurance company in Malta. Our client operates on an International level but also has a strong local presence in Malta. The Financial Controllers key duties are to prepare and distribute government financial filings ensuring all financial and reporting commitments are met.
What's on offer:
- Bonus - approx 15% of annual salary
- Life & Health Insurance
- Training and development opportunitiesFinancial Controller
- Prepare all annual financial statements for the Malta courier in line with the applicable regulations and submit to regulator in a timely manner.
- Prepare tax calculations for the client and ensure that the tax returns are submitted within the applicable deadlines.
- Prepare all regulatory and statistical filing for the client in line with the applicable regulations and submit to regulator in a timely manner.
- Manage internal and external audit requirements for the client to ensure that the deadline and deliverables are met.
- Review and interpret technical accounting standards applicable to the client in order to present accurate financial information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Review and monitor the collection of the clients aged debtors over their credit terms and report actions required to the Head of Underwriting and Reinsurance.
- Review the clients MD&As on a quarterly basis and ensure these are submitted within stipulated deadlines, after obtaining the relevant inputs from the senior management team.
- Review and monitor submissions to and recoveries from reinsurers in relation to Malta
- Review profit commission calculations applicable to brokers in Malta, in line with the TOBAs.
- Be an IFRS17 Champion.
- Prepare all regulatory and statistical filing for the client, including but not limited to Solvency II, MFSA, CfR, CBM, MIA, MIB, on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and ensure these are submitted within stipulated deadlines, following the correct internal governance process.
- Champion the IFRS17 implementation project for the Europe region completing all necessary tasks in preparation for implementation for the IFRS17 adaptation, attending meetings, providing / coordinating/ supporting the rest of the clients finance team with IFRS17 training.
Financial Controller - Profile:
- ACCA Part or Fully Qualified.
- Solvency II experience, at least 3 years insurance experience
- IFRS17 - some knowledge would be helpful but not essential.
- Experience of working with auditors, to ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Experience in working with Maltese regulator ideal but not essential.
- Proven track record of developing staff.
- Excellent communication skills with staff at all levels.
- Teamwork demonstrated, along with working on own.
- Confident to raise and propose to senior management
- Used to meeting demanding deadlines
Our client is one of Malta´s leading Insurance Companies; they have a strong market share and play a dominant role in the local arena. They offer Insurance solutions on an international basis, which offers realistic opportunities to progress your career.As an equal opportunities employer, our client is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.They aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply
Malta is a Southern European island country consisting of an archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea, full of history, beaches, culture and friendly people. It is easily accessible from most UK airports with a flight time of around just 3 hours. English is Malta's second official language so communication forms no problem. Summer weather is fantastic and the winters are mild. You certainly won't be bored in Malta, from hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, scuba diving, paragliding, and windsurfing or just relaxing on the beautiful beaches - there really is something for everyone.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you just want to know more e-mail me at Angelique.firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Controller | Finance Manager | Solvency II | Insurance | Supervisory | Malta