|Gibraltar,||Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance, Insurance Industry, Legal & Compliance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Financial Controller - Motor Insurance - Salary £60,000 - £75,000 - Gibraltar
Our client is a UK leading motor insurance company that has expanded and developed its product base over the last 6 years. They are looking to establish a team of Finance experts in their Gibraltar office. This role reports directly to the Finance Director based in Gibraltar. This newly created Financial Controller role will be responsible for the management of the year end and interim statutory accounts process for the Company. The jobholder will manage direct reports, ensuring adequate and appropriate resources are available for the completion of key tasks.
The appointed Financial Controller duties and responsibilities are but not confined to:
- Management of year end and interim statutory accounts process for the Company
- Preparation and review of technical accounting memos and discussion papers for management;
- Development, maintenance and improvement of Company accounting policies
- Manage direct reports, ensuring adequate and appropriate resources are available for the completion of key tasks.
- Development of the skills, capabilities and business awareness of team members, including encouraging cross team working with the subsidiary teams, and arranging or providing appropriate up-skilling through training or cross training.
- Assess and take actions following investigations into internal accounting and external reporting implications of new and amended standards;
- To manage the Company's audit process from end to end and to ensure that the interim and year end audit processes are conducted efficiently in adherence to tight deadlines;
- Support investor relations for the Company
- Be the link between Finance, Risk and Compliance to maximise effectiveness
- Ownership of reinsurance calculations
- Manage the preparation of Insurance Returns and Tax Computations
- Be a project lead on upcoming deliverables such as Solvency II and IFRS 4
- Deputise for Finance Director during periods of absence.
- Work on future corporate transactions including due diligence work or sale processes (including IPO)
- Ad hoc projects as required
The appointed Financial Controller profile is as follows:
- Qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA with minimum 3 years PQE
- Knowledge of the Insurance or Financial Services Sectors
- Effective leadership skills
- Demonstrate effective positive change management skills
- Foresight for future changes in the business
- Analytically minded with excellent Excel and IT abilities
- Delegation skills and resolving issues effectively
- Excellent communication skills
Our client has made dramatic growth in the motor and van Insurance sector in the course of the last 8 years, exceeding all projections forecasted for this time period. The Finance Director is now seeking to put in place an experienced team of Finance professionals into the business at their Gibraltar office. The successful Financial Controller will be a key placement to assist with their next phase of expansion covering both Gibraltar and the UK.
Do you have what it takes to achieve these ambitious expansion plans and add real value to such a successful Insurance Company?
Apply now to find out more, the interview selection process is now underway.
Skills ACCA , ACA , CIMA , Accountancy , Finance , Motor Insurance , Financial Controller , Solvency II (SII) , IFRS 4 , Insurance