|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: Plus benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Financial Controller| Competitive salary + excellent bonus, benefits package, relocation assistance | Gibraltar
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit an experienced Financial Controller to join a professional Insurance company in Gibraltar. Our client has clients all over the world but also a strong market presence in Gibraltar. The Financial Controller will be a key representative of the business and deliver the highest quality service.
Financial Controller Responsibilities:
- The primary duties for the client including all European branches and subsidiaries.
- Responsible for production and review of all internal and external financial reporting deliverables. This includes financial statements, underwriting reports, regulatory filings and statutory returns, certain corporate filings, board reports, management information and work paper files on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis for actual, budget and forecasted results.
- Responsible for all corporate and VAT tax returns and liaising with external professional services providers as required.
- Review the general ledger postings on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of journal postings.
- Co-ordinate and lead the year-end audit.
- Prepare and co-ordinate external reporting to the local regulator, government or other agency, in accordance with Group accounting policies, practices and legal requirements.
- Liaise with auditors, regulators, reinsurers and any other external parties as required.
Financial Controller (Europe) Requirements:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with at least 5 years' post qualification experience.
- An insurance qualification such as CII or CPCU is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an insurance supervisory or management position with direct reports.
- Strong leadership, communication and organisational skills.
- Proven technical accounting experience including experience in an IFRS environment and working knowledge of IFRS 17.
- In depth insurance market knowledge and experience and previous experience with Solvency II reporting preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with Excel at intermediate to advanced level.
- Proven experience of delivering and developing strategic change initiatives.
Our client is one of Gibraltar's leading Insurance Companies; they have a strong market share and play a dominant role in the local arena. They offer Insurance solutions on an international basis which offers ample opportunities to progress your career.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We can even help you with your relocation process read more here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you just want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or to call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
Financial Officer | Solvency II | Insurance | Strategic Planning | Supervisory / Management Skills