|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive + Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Financial Controller | Excellent Salary + Benefits Package | Qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA | Financial Services | Gibraltar
SRGEurope are recruiting a Financial Controller for a long established leading Financial Services Company on the glorious sunny island of Gibraltar. The Financial Controller will be responsible for the internal accounting systems, processes and timely reporting of the company financial data across all subsidiary companies.
Financial Controller Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- To organise and ensure the upward flow of accurate financial information from subsidiary Financial Controllers, consolidating, reviewing, and interpreting the information and to prepare a monthly summary in the format agreed with the CFO, for presentation to the Group Board, on a monthly basis.
- To investigate, report and explain to the CFO, variances between actual and budget figures, variances from agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPls) and other exceptions.
- To organise the annual budget "build-up" process. To support the subsidiary Financial Controllers and, if necessary, the boards of the subsidiaries, in preparing "bottom-up" budgets and business plans.
- To draft, for review by the CFO, statutory accounts for release to Shareholders, the Stock Market (both under IFRS principles) and for filing at the Companies Registry, where appropriate. liaise with the Group Company Secretary and Marketing Support on preparation and publication of the Annual Report.
- To review the financial statements of the subsidiary companies prior to acceptance and signing by the respective Boards.
- To liaise with the Group's external auditors for interim, systems and year-end audits.
- To monitor and forecast credit control and cash-flow throughout the Group. To provide a "treasury" management function, collecting excess funds into Group revenue reserves and providing and monitoring loans to subsidiaries lacking sufficient working capital.
- To assist the various businesses and CFO with key performance indicators and to review such information for reasonableness and challenge where necessary.
Financial Controller Profile
- Member of a professional accountancy body, (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar)
- Experience of working in a Financial Controller position with deep knowledge relating to finance, financial transactions, financial statements and reporting
- Experience in completion of Statutory Accounts including group consolidation
- Experience of working in a controlled and deadline-driven environment
- High level of commercial awareness with an understanding and appreciation of business practices, approaches, organisation, politics and culture
- Methodical, analytical and decisive
- Ability to drive performance from all areas within the Group
- IFRS and UK GAAP reporting knowledge
- Strong management and leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop a team
We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
Send your CV in response to the ad or contact direct Angelique Pearson, Managing Director, SRGEurope on 00350 20069999
Financial Controller | Financial Services | ACA | ACCA | IFRS | Consolidated Accounts | Gibraltar