|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Financial Controller (Reporting) / Competitive salary / bonus / benefits package / Gibraltar
SRGEurope are recruiting an Insurance experienced Financial Controller to join a long established personal lines Insurance company in Gibraltar. Our client operates on an International level but also has a strong local presence in Gibraltar. The Financial Controller key duties are to prepare and distribute government financial filings ensuring all financial and reporting commitments across the European region are met.
What's on offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Guaranteed Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Study Support if required
Financial Controller - Reporting Responsibilities:
- Prepare all annual financial statements in line with the applicable regulations and submit to regulator in a timely manner.
- Prepare all regulatory submissions ensuring they are submitted in compliance with the standards and within deadlines.
- Prepare tax calculation and ensuring that the tax returns are submitted within deadlines.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive - Europe, Senior management or the Core team.
- Manage and mentor Finance team.
- Work with and report to the Board.
Financial Controller - Profile:
- ACCA Part or Fully Qualified.
- Solvency II experience, at least 3 years insurance experience
- IFRS17 - some knowledge would be helpful but not essential.
- Experience of working with auditors, to ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Experience in working with Maltese regulator ideal but not essential.
- Proven track record of developing staff.
- Inquisitive mind.
- Excellent communication skills with staff at all levels.
- Teamwork demonstrated, along with working on own.
- Proactive - identifying problems/issues and proposing solutions.
- Confident to raise and propose to senior management
- Used to meeting demanding deadlines
Our client is one of Gibraltar's leading Insurance Companies; they have a strong market share and play a dominant role in the local arena. They offer Insurance solutions on an international basis, which offers realistic opportunities to progress your career.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We can even help you with your relocation process read more here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you just want to know more e-mail me at Angelique.firstname.lastname@example.org or to call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
Financial Controller | Finance Manager | Solvency II | Insurance | Supervisory | Management Skills