|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Financial Analyst | (Qualified ACCA, ACA or similar) | Financial Services Sector | Excellent Salary c£Market rate plus Benefits Package | EU applicants may only apply | Gibraltar
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit for a Financial Analyst for a leading Insurance company with a base in Gibraltar. The Financial Analyst will be part or fully qualified ACA or ACCA or similar. You will have a project based focus to your accounting, report to the Head of Accounts and cover all aspects including asset and investment reporting and regulatory reporting, monitoring and analysis. The role requires a motivated and hardworking individual with strong analytical, time management and organisational skills.
As the successfully appointed Financial Analyst will be working as part of a small, lean and experienced team with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Financial Analyst role and responsibilities:
- Support the investment committee, preparing investment reporting and improving the MI capability of the business
- Actuarial analysis, performing internal reviews using actuarial software, to give management better insight into underwriting performance. Coordinate findings with the pricing / underwriting department.
- Performance analysis, identify stronger and weaker performing sections of business and work with management and the pricing team as appropriate.
- Claims analysis, identify changes in claims handling patterns to ensure a consistent actuarial result, and coordinating with the actuarial function if changes to claims handling have occurred. Analyse where underlying changes to claims spend are occurring
- Reinsurance, development and preparation of MI, presentation to reinsurers and review and analyse most capital efficient reinsurance solutions.
- Credit rating, if the company pursues a credit rating, prepare the reporting and presentation to rating agencies. The role will be responsible for managing the ongoing relationship with agencies.
- Financial reporting, be able to provide cover for the Management Accountant mainly preparing accounts for the client and subsidiary property investment companies.
- Projects - project work for the client and wider group.
Financial Analyst Profile looks like this:
- Part or Newly qualified in a recognised accounting qualification, ACA, ACCA or CIMA or similar
- Good knowledge of financial controls and exposure to data quality assurance processes
- Experience of working within the Gibraltar Financial Services industry, ideally with Insurance experience
- Self motivated, proactive with a can-do attitude towards work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
Financial Services | Insurance | Financial Analyst| Project Management | Insurance accounting | Management Accounting | MI Analysis