|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive + Benefits|
|Sector: Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Financial Accountant (Qualified ACCA, ACA or similar) | Financial Services Sector | Excellent Salary c£Market rate plus Benefits Package including shares, health and pension | Gibraltar
Candidates living locally in Spain or Gibraltar are preferred but suitable candidates with relocation plans will also be considered
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit for a Financial Accountant for a leading Insurance company with a base in Gibraltar. The Financial Accountant will be a fully qualified ACA or ACCA ideally in the last year or two, be reporting to the General Manager and covering all aspects of insurance accounting and regulatory reporting, monitoring and analysis. The role requires a motivated and hardworking individual with strong analytical, time management and organisational skills. Candidates will ideally be Audit trained and have experience of financial reporting processes for Financial Services Groups.
The Financial Accountant will be working as part of a professional and experienced team with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Financial Accountant responsibilities:
- Assist with the technical insurance accounting for the Company in line with IFRS
- Prepare monthly management accounts and internal reporting to parent company
- Prepare regular MI and reporting for internal Boards and Committees, as well as external parties
- Maintenance of monthly control account reconciliations
- Preparation and submission of regulatory returns
- Significant involvement in the preparation of statutory financial statements for the Company
- Assist with the external audit
- Mentoring of junior members of the team
- Frequent communication with UK and US finance teams for accounting inputs
Financial Accountant requirements:
- Newly qualified in a recognised accounting qualification ACA, ACCA or CPA
- Good knowledge of financial controls
- Experience of working within the Gibraltar Financial Services industry, ideally with Insurance experience
- Self-motivated, proactive with a can-do attitude towards work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ideally trained in an external audit firm or with internal audit experience
Our client is a household name in the Insurance Industry and has a reputation for providing truly enhancing career opportunities. Their employees are characterized by their desire to succeed, team spirit and high energy. Their professionalism is of the highest order. This is a full time position. The applicant will be confident in taking on this role and will additionally possess a very high standard of written and spoken English. If you are well organised, articulate, and comfortable in operating in a professional and often demanding role apply now, the client is actively interviewing.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Recruitment Consultant on 00350 200 69999.
Financial Services | Insurance | Financial Accountant | Group Accounting | Insurance accounting | IFRS | MI Analysis