|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Financial Accountant | Insurance | Gibraltar | Competitive Salary + Benefits
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit a Financial Accountant for a leading Insurance company with an expanding base in Gibraltar. The Financial Accountant will support the finance team in helping to strengthen financial controls and assist with further development for Group reporting and analysis. Ideally you will be a newly qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA or similar with a view to having a career in Finance and Reporting.
If you are an experienced Financial Accountant and looking to further your career this may be the challenge for you.
What's on offer to you?
- Excellent above market base salary
- Study support for ACCA or similar if you are in the final stages
- Bonus and Benefits Package
What You Will Be Doing
- Setting up the group accounting file in order to post the monthly technical journals.
- Reconcile premium with pricing team.
- Keeping the balances of large losses up to date in SAP and reconciling to numbers held by the claims company.
- Sending quota share statements, answering queries and making payments timely.
- Completing IPT returns to HMRC and making payments timely.
- Completing balance sheet reconciliations
- Working with Finance Systems (IT) colleagues to improve control and integrity of all general ledgers and recommending developments as necessary.
- Supporting with internal and external audits.
- Working with group finance colleagues ensuring accuracy and delivery of all reporting requirements.
- Assisting with the production of group plans/forecasts as necessary.
- P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, OpEx, CapEx
- Supporting the Finance Manager with group reporting & MI. This will likely include MI as part of forums, committees, MBR's and various Boards.
- Assisting in routine analysis of underwriting performance to include premiums, claims and trading volumes by class of business.
- Assisting on adhoc pieces of work as necessary, which could include supporting with input into regulatory returns and preparing internal/external presentations.
- Assisting junior members of staff.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- This role would suit a newly qualified or partly qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA);
- Experience of insurance accounting is desirable but not essential, financial services sector, fiduciary sector would also be considered
- Strong excel skills
- Ability to engage with wider peers and foster strong relationships.
- Creative and dynamic thinker - someone who is comfortable 'thinking outside of the box' to help solve problems.
- Ability to be rational and 'level-headed' when under pressure.
- Willingness to develop and acquire new skills.
- Excellent written English
- Analytical background, with continued workplace application of skills.
- Self-motivation and the desire to succeed / 'champion the cause'.
If you are an experienced Financial Accountant, and this is the challenge that you are looking for in your career, get in touch with me today.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email email@example.com or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar.
Financial Accountant | Insurance | ACCA | ACA | CIMA | Part Qualified | Newly Qualified | Gibraltar