|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: Plus benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Financial Accountant (Part Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA) - Insurance Sector - Gibraltar
EU applicants may only apply
Salary c£Market rate plus Benefits Package
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit a Financial Accountant for a leading Insurance company with a base in Gibraltar. The Financial Accountant role will be to support the Finance Manager to strengthen financial control and further develop reporting and analysis. The role will be very 'hands-on', providing the successful applicant with broad finance & accounting exposure, with the opportunity to develop underwriting knowledge. The role will continue to evolve as necessary to support the needs of the Clients underwriting division.
As the job holder will be working as part of a small, lean and experienced team with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Financial Accountant responsibilities:
- Setting up the group accounting file and updating with relevant rates in order to post the monthly technical journals.
- Calculating policy counts and reconciling these to the pricing team, ultimately looking to automate the process within SAP.
- Reconcile premium with pricing team.
- Keeping the balances of large losses up to date in SAP and reconciling to numbers held by the claims company in Tonbridge.
- Sending quota share and coinsurance statements, answering queries and making payments timely.
- Completing IPT returns both to HMRC and to the Coinsurer and making payments timely.
- Completing Company reconciliations and feeding these in to the Financial Analysist in the UK office
- Supporting with interim and annual audits as necessary.
- Working with Finance Systems (IT) colleagues to improve control and integrity of all general ledgers and recommending developments as necessary.
- Supporting with internal and external audits.
- Working with group finance colleagues (primary stakeholder) ensuring accuracy and delivery of all reporting requirements.
- Assisting with the production of group plans/forecasts as necessary in terms of:
- P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, OpEx, CapEx
- Supporting the FM with group reporting & MI.
- Assisting in routine analysis of underwriting performance to include premiums, claims and trading volumes by class of business.
- Assisting on adhoc pieces of work as necessary, which could include supporting with input into regulatory returns and preparing internal/external presentations.
Financial Accountant requirements:
- This role would suit a partly qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or similar);
- Experience of insurance accounting is desirable but not essential;
- Ability to engage with wider peers and foster strong relationships;
- Creative and dynamic thinker - someone who is comfortable 'thinking outside of the box' to help solve problems;
- Ability to be rational and 'level-headed' when under pressure;
- Willingness to develop and acquire new skills;
- Analytical background, with continued workplace application of skills;
- Self-motivation and the desire to succeed.
Our client is a household name in the Insurance Industry and has a reputation for providing truly enhancing career opportunities. Their employees are characterized by their desire to succeed, team spirit and high energy. Their professionalism is of the highest order.
Do you have what it takes to fulfil this Financial Accountant role?
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
Insurance | Financial Accountant | Group Accounting | Insurance Accounting | SAP | Financial Analysis