|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Financial Lead Accountant |Financial Services |Gibraltar | Salary c£50k + Benefits
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an experienced Financial Lead Accountant for an expanding commercial company based in the thriving jurisdiction of Gibraltar. You will be responsible for a small team of staff and working closely with the Group Financial Controller and senior management team. Strong reporting skills and experience working in a multi-currency environment are key requirements.
If you are an experienced Financial Accountant and looking to take the next step in your career then this could be the role for you.
What's on offer to you?
- Excellent Base Salary
- Career changing opportunity with an International Organisation
- Reporting to the Finance Director and senior management team
What You Will Be Doing
- Production and submission of monthly management accounts to a deadline. This would include all relevant postings as well as the reconciliations of accruals, prepayments etc.
- Preparation of consolidated accounts as required by the banks and/or management.
- Reconciliation of Operational Reports to the accounting system ensuring that all transactions have been processed timely and correctly.
- Ensuring key control accounts within the accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Reconciliation of the PoS credit card system.
- Production of other monthly and quarterly business reports as required.
- To minimise the impact of Foreign Exchange movements on the company.
- Liaising with operations staff to discuss the business and anticipate the resultant numbers.
- Assist in the production of forecast information for volumes and profitability.
- Assist in the production of cash flow forecasts.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, tax consultants to ensure all audits are completed swiftly.
- Assist with KYC requirements when necessary.
- Development of financial and managerial reporting.
- Assist in the yearly budgeting cycle and monthly investigation of variances.
- Oversee bank reconciliations and stock calculations
- Ensuring payments to key suppliers are made accurately and that customers are paying on time.
- Assist in the development of other staff within the department
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA or similar) or qualified through experience.
- Demonstrable track record of taking responsibility for all accounting and control aspects for a sizeable company.
- Both highly independent and self-directed and a good team worker and collaborator.
- Fluent in English and Spanish is preferable but not essential.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and handle multiple tasks.
- Effective interpersonal skills and comfortable working with people at all levels in the organisation.
- Able and willing to perform mundane tasks as and when required.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel/ Microsoft Office
- Experience of a multicurrency accounting environment.
If you are an experienced Financial Accountant, and this is the challenge that you are looking for in your career, get in touch with me today.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email email@example.com or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar.
Key Words: Financial Accountant|ACA|ACCA|Reporting and Analysis|Foreign Exchange|Gibraltar