|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary Plus Salary|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Finance Manager Assistant | Competitive salary + bonus, benefits package, relocation assistance | Gibraltar
SRGEurope are recruiting an experienced Finance Manager Assistant to join a long established professional Insurance company in Gibraltar. Our client operates all over the world but also have a strong local market presence in Gibraltar. The Finance Manager Assistant will be a key representative of the business locally and work with the senior team to deliver the highest standards of accounting information.
Finance Manager Assistant Responsibilities are:
- Manage the other members of the Finance team, identify their personal development needs and act as a manager/mentor to ensure their performance meets the required standards.
- Support the Accounts Assistants in their accounting preparation and the posting of journals for month end Management Accounts.
- Preparation of management accounts at month end and work alongside the Finance Manager for final results.
- Supervision of monthly Credit Control and circulation of reports to the Management team.
- Preparation and production of the IFRS Statutory Accounts.
- Preparation of regulatory and tax returns for the Finance Manager to review.
- Primary preparer of all Solvency II returns including the QRT and SFCR and supporting schedules.
- Preparation of MD & A for the Finance Manager to review as part of quarterly management and board reporting requirements.
- Provision of any supporting schedules and documentation to support group reporting including the actuarial review.
- Develop Finance Team processes, procedures and controls to support internal compliance requirements.
- Support and assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of budgets and business plans.
- External audit responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required by Senior Management locally or by the Group.
Finance Manager Assistant Requirements:
- Recently qualified or close to qualified in a recognised Accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent Qualified.
- Computer literate with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in use of insurance systems and familiarity with the insurance market is preferred.
- Willingness to work towards CII qualifications recognising the clients CII Corporate Chartered Insurers status.
- Experience in use of Accounting systems and Microsoft products, high level excel
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Methodical with attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Able to plan and prioritise the work and communicate accordingly.
- Good team player.
Our client is one of Gibraltar's leading Insurance Companies; they have a strong market share and play a dominant role in the local arena. They offer Insurance solutions on an international basis, which offers realistic opportunities to progress your career.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We can even help you with your relocation process read more here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you just want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or to call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
Finance Manager | Finance Manager Assistant | Solvency II | Insurance | Budgets | Supervisory | Management Skills