|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Finance Director | Gibraltar | Commercial Sector | Salary £Competitive plus Bonus and Benefits
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an experienced and commercially minded Finance Director to join an established Commercial Company with offices in the UK, Gibraltar and other jurisdictions throughout the world. This role of Finance Director will report directly to the CEO of the company and will be involved with all key business making decisions. As an applicant you will be creative, passionate and have excellent attention to details in respect to Accounts preparation. You will have experience of working alongside Investors and Banks and project financial management.
What's on Offer:
- An excellent salary package with an equity structure.
- Managing a small and perfectly formed experienced Finance team in Gibraltar.
- Working alongside Business Owners/Directors daily.
Finance Director Role and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate an absolute ability for Cash Management.
- Required to be commercially minded, technically strong, show leadership with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- Provide leadership to the Board's Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company's financial performance and strategic position.
- Form a close relationship with the current Finance team, providing support and development opportunities in house.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate all financial information for the purpose of management reporting, planning presentations and communication of results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead continuous improvement in monthly management reporting and annual budgeting and reforecasting efforts.
- Manage the company's cash reserves and FX exposure with regular updates and recommendations to senior management on short term cash flows.
- Evaluate, analyse and question Group cash flows. Recommend actions and execute agreed plans in line with Group strategy.
- Optimise financial performance. Reviewing and recommending profitable sales offerings and minimise the company's costs.
- Ability to present and explain annual statutory accounts & business plans to external investors.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
Finance Director Key skill set:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or CIMA (ideally first time passes).
- Advanced Excel and reporting skills as well as Sage Line 200 experience.
- Experience working alongside Investors and Banks.
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Excellent technical knowledge including IFRS.
- A pro-active and forward-looking attitude to accounts preparation from a commercial view point.
- Strong team leader with the ability to motivate others.
- Self-starter, flexible with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong enough character to challenge the status quo and drive change.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If this role is the next step in your accounting career, please apply now for immediate consideration. Interviews taking place now.
Skills: | ACA | ACCA | CIMA | Finance Director | Qualified | Gibraltar | Investments |