|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: Plus benefits and relocation|
|Sector: Online Gaming, Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Tom Thronicker|
Econometrician | Salary competitive + benefits package | iGaming Sector | Gibraltar
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit an Econometrician for a world leader in the iGaming sector from their base in London. The successful candidate will join the company's Digital Business Intelligence Unit, and ensure that predictive analytic delivers across crucial roles in the business.
As the Econometrician for the company, you will work for the dedicated marketing analytics team that will support all brands and products within our portfolio. You will be responsible for the delivery of insights, analytical tools and presentations to organisational stakeholders and to business leaders focused on the business domain areas to which you are assigned.
A key part to the role is to prepare and transform data, run descriptive analysis, and in particular apply econometric techniques to answer current business questions. You will prepare and present your ideas and analysis to key stakeholders and be able to persuade them of the use of the data and analytical tools.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Analytics, you are expected to proactively work with the rest of the BI team to support and enable them to meet their KPIs and new propositions.
- Answer business questions using data and analytic techniques, such as econometrics, providing fact based responses
- Transform business questions into an analytical plan, select the right analytical technique and tools to deliver an answer that satisfies the person(s) who asked the questions
- Data preparation including defining, transforming and structuring data so that the data is ready for econometric and other forms of analysis
- Able to structure data to be able to deliver business insight on the performance through the application of econometric modelling and other forms of analysis
- Understand relationships between data as part of exploratory data analysis to pre-determine if hypothesised relationships will exist
- Carry out descriptive analysis to a level where you can demonstrate you understand the problem area
- Develop econometric models from single standalone models to pooled models
- Support the running of marketing mix optimisation using the econometric models
- Deployment and roll out of econometric solutions developed with the Marketing Analytics BI team
- Use control groups, hold out samples and confidence testing to deliver new cause and effect insights from historical marketing campaigns
- Develop prototype reports based upon the econometric modelling
- Work effectively with business counterparts to conceive, specify, pilot and implement analytical applications and tools
- Experienced Analyst with excellent skills in Excel
- Experience working with data cubes and also be able to use tools such as SQL or other languages to get access to data. You will be experienced with working from a data warehouse environment. We currently use Microsoft SSAS (cubes, Power pivot, Power view, Excel) SQL and Knime as our main analytical tools.
- An undergraduate degree that has a strong analytical bias
- Previous experience in creating econometric models
- A thorough understanding of the statistical tests used when judging the robustness of an econometric model
Our client is one of Europe's leading Gaming companies. They have a strong market share and play a dominant role in the Gaming arena. Their long established retail and online brands provide excellent opportunities for highly driven candidates, giving rapid career progression to exceptional employees.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Tom Thronicker, Recruitment Consultant on 00350 200 69999
KEYWORDS: Microsoft SSAS, Cubes, Power Pivot, Power View, Excel, SQL, Knime, Econometrician