|Gibraltar||Salary: Plus benefits package and relocation|
|Sector: iGaming, Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Tom Thronicker|
Data Scientist - Salary Competitive + benefits package and relocation - iGaming Sector, Gibraltar
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit a Data Scientist for a world leader in the iGaming sector from their base in Gibraltar. The successful candidate will join the company's Digital Business Intelligence Unit, and ensure that predictive analytics are delivered across crucial roles in the business. Using predictive analytics and optimization across the business, you will be asked to present ideas; propose analytic and solution approaches; and gather, explore, cleanse, integrate, and analyse data from large operational transactional datasets and external online sources.
Data Scientist More specifically, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Define, build and verify machine learning solutions, optimization engines and statistical models to maximize business value in Acquisition, Product management, CRM, Trading, Responsible Gambling, Finance and VIP management
- Use supervised machine learning approaches to exploit predictive value from large internal transactional datasets and external data sources
- Understand how advanced analytic technique and application, such as decision trees and clustering techniques can help to solve business problems
- Identify target variable, define need for input data
- Use advanced data manipulation and creativity to invent new features that boost model performance
- Apply clustering algorithms to enhance customer behavioural segmentation
- Define hypothesis/null hypotheses to be tested
- Develop algorithms that personalize content or automate actions at various customer touch points
- Build custom solutions around real-time event streams and stream analytics
- Articulate model characteristics and impact to business stakeholders efficiently, with less emphasis on technical details and more focus on commercial implications
- Stakeholder management
- Analytics across all digital brands (Coral, Ladbrokes, Gala Bingo and Casino)
- Be up to date with industry trends, embrace and adopt industry innovations on data technology and advanced analytics
- Identify potential new external data sources that can enhance data, assess value, build prototype data feeds / data collection processes and conduct proof of concept for data usability
Data Scientist - the requirements
- Due to the nature of the role, a BSc in computer science, mathematics, or statistics is a must.
- Experience with modelling platforms R, Python, Knime, Statistica, SAS Miner or Stat, XLStat
- Strong understanding of the data mining methodology i.e. Crisp DM, SEMMA
- Experience in building models of decision trees, neural networks, random forests, logistic and linear regression, text mining, clustering, ensemble models, uplift modelling
- Methods for Validating Models: mean squared error, R squared, Confusion matrix, gains, ROC
- Expert data manipulation skills SQL, analytical functions, query optimization, Python automation
- Experience in Big Data environments (MS Azure, Spark, Hive) and/or stream analytics
- Strong understanding and experience working with large transactional data sets, e.g. bet records, site visitor data, transformation and analytics conducted over billions of records
- Strong application of descriptive analytics and statistical techniques
- Strong presentation skills, able to simplify and articulate complex domain areas to senior stakeholders.
- A good knowledge of Sport and Interest in Sports betting
Our client is one of Europe's leading Gaming companies. They have a strong market share and play a dominant role in the Gaming arena. Their long established retail and online brands provide excellent opportunities for highly driven candidates, giving rapid career progression to exceptional employees.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Tom Thronicker, Recruitment Consultant on 00350 200 69999.