|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Robert Ally|
Data Engineer | Online Gaming | Gibraltar
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit a Data Engineer for a large, innovative gaming company with a base in Gibraltar. As a data-centric organisation, Data plays an important part in our business. As such, Data Analysts are required to deliver consistent and timely business intelligence across all functions of the company as well as ensure that data quality and assurance is maintained at all times.
If you are an experienced Data Engineer and looking to take the next step in your career then this could be the role for you.
What You Will Be Doing
- You will be responsible for much of the data processing tasks including but not limited to the creation of reports and visualisations, developing bespoke analysis, ongoing maintenance and improvement of the Tableau reporting platform and systems, business process modelling, supporting the data extraction process, manipulating data extracts, ensuring data quality, ad-hoc, analysis and data exploration as and when required by business stakeholders.
- You will be required to also mentor and train colleagues on some of the tools and techniques you use in generating your insights. The plan is to improve the whole teams' understanding of the data we produce and build confidence in the insights provided.
- You will be part of a wider team and contributing to our business goals. However, you will be working independently with minimal supervision.
- You will be comfortable working on multiple projects at the same time and be able to self-organise your time to deliver to deadlines when needed.
- We would expect you to keep updated with the latest trends in the areas of business intelligence and analytics and to make recommendations where appropriate.
- The role will be part of our Gibraltar based data team, which reports into the wider finance team. The main stakeholders of the Gibraltar based team is the Finance team, our Compliance team and the Marketing teams based In both Gibraltar and the UK.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- You should have strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- You will have excellent attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- An ability to communicate verbally and with data visualisations across different audiences and abilities is required.
- A willingness to learn, with equal enthusiasm about data and communicating findings.
- You will possess excellent SQL skills.
- Ideally you will have experience with at least one of the following Database technologies: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or AWS Redshift
- Experience of a data visualisation or BI tool such as Tableau or Power BI are preferred.
- Some development or coding experience would be advantageous, knowledge of C# .NET and Python are even better.
- An understanding of Data Warehousing, ETL processes and AWS technologies are all desirable but not necessary.
- An interest and understanding of business operations, particularly digital/online focused businesses.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Robert Ally, Consultant by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 183 6462