|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Crypto Careers||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Compliance Officer/MLRO | Crypto Currency | Gibraltar | Excellent Salary Package | Gibraltar based with Remote Working |
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an experienced Compliance Officer/MLRO for an exciting new start up in Gibraltar covering multiple international jurisdictions. You will be a professional yet charismatic individual, leading from the front across the following key areas of anti-money laundering (AML), countering the financing of terrorism (CFT) and sanctions compliance programme. You will ensure appropriate policies, procedures, systems, controls, processes and training are in place and provide guidance to the various lines of defence on financial crime related matters.
If you are an experienced Compliance Officer/MLRO and looking to take the next step in your career then this could be the role for you.
What's on offer to you?
- Excellent Salary package
- Career changing opportunity with an International Organisation
- Reporting to the Director of Risk and Compliance
What You Will Be Doing
- Assess and monitor financial crime risk and the exchange's compliance with its financial crime obligations.
- Escalate issues to Head of Compliance and Risk, update committees on the financial crime risk profile.
- Assist management in developing and maintaining an effective financial crime compliance culture.
- Create and maintain the financial crime risk-based approach.
- Draft and maintain up to date financial crime policies and procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate financial crime compliance controls are in place.
- Monitor suspicious activity reports (SARs).
- Ensure that a SAR is submitted to the relevant law enforcement agency in respect of all suspicions that have substance.
- First line of defence in relation to money laundering activities.
- Develop and/or review monitoring system rules for efficiency and performance.
- Keep the business abreast of relevant financial crime regulatory changes and provide advice on the impact of and compliance with such changes.
- Assist in the investigation of any suspected breaches of legal or regulatory requirements.
- Be the first point of contact for all financial crime related matters.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Money Laundering certificate/ACAMS.
- Previously an approved person by the Gibraltar FSC.
- Compliance experience, minimum 5-7 years in a similar role.
- Have a strong understanding of technology used in high volume block chain environment.
- Literate with a good standard of written English.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Efficient and well organised.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Credible and assertive manner.
If you are an experienced Compliance Officer/MLRO, and this is the challenge that you are looking for in your career, get in touch with me today.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email email@example.com or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar.
MLRO | Compliance Officer | Gibraltar | Money Laundering | Blockchain