|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: £26000 - £37000 per annum|
|Sector: Legal & Compliance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Compliance Officer - Professional Services | Salary Package c£26 - £37,000 depending on experience and qualifications | UK and EU Applicants Only Considered | Gibraltar
SRGEurope are recruiting a Compliance Officer to work for a professional services company based in Gibraltar. The successful Compliance Officer can be a Graduate with some experience in Financial Services or Banking or they can be experienced within the Compliance sector and want to take their career into this field. This role reports directly to the Head of Compliance based in Gibraltar.
The Compliance Officer will assist fee earners with new business on boarding in line with legislation and regulatory requirements. This will entail gathering due diligence materials from a number of sources, anti-money laundering processes for new and existing clients, on-going client monitoring and other risk management procedures.
The Compliance Officer Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to, the core areas of support described below:
- Provide Know Your Client (KYC) and Due Diligence advisory services to staff and management as required serving escalating high risk or complex compliance and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) issues to the Head of Compliance as required.
- Research, identify and verify new clients by using online data providers and other online resources.
- Analyse and establish the corporate structure for clients where relevant and tracing up to the ultimate beneficial owners.
- Advise fee earners on further details that are required from the client in the event that information is not available in the public domain or documentation is required on identified individuals - this may also involve direct contact with the client to obtain this information.
- Research and identify Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and high risk clients by creating an online profile.
- Attribute risk ratings to clients and escalate clients to the Head of Compliance where a decision needs to be made upon analysis of documentation and risk.
- Seek sign off from the Firm's Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Senior Management Risk and Compliance Committee (SMRCC) as required and advise fee earners on any steps that need to be taken to mitigate the risks associated with the client.
- Assist the Head of Compliance to maintain the department's maintenance of the central database for KYC and Due Diligence documents for the Firm.
- Document clients due diligence, communication and risk rating on Viewpoint system and updating these profiles periodically including scanning documentation into Document Manager and filing of physical hard copies.
- Undertake any other duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The Compliance Officer Profile:
- Sound intellectual skills, evidenced by a strong academic background to graduate level or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience of KYC/Compliance/AML gained in a professional services environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of the Money Laundering Regulations
- Understanding of different corporate/trust structures and applicable laws in Gibraltar
- Unquestionable integrity and professionalism;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel and Outlook essential.
- Experience of Viewpoint system or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Proficient in the use of due diligence and AML systems
Do you have what it takes to apply for this challenging Compliance Officer role?
Apply now to Angelique Pearson to find out more and receive a full job description, the interview selection process begins immediately.
Please note all applicants must hold an EU Passport.
Compliance Officer, KYC, Financial Services, Banking, Legal, Investment, Due diligence