|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Legal & Compliance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Compliance Officer | Insurance Sector | £up to £50k DOE plus benefits package | REMOTE BASED with some days in Gibraltar each month.
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit an experienced Compliance Officer to join a successful International Motor Insurance company with an office in the glorious location of Gibraltar as well as the UK. You will be remotely managing and guiding a team of skilled compliance staff in Gibraltar. The Compliance Officer will be joining our clients company at a time of growth and this role is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in compliance. You will be operating the Company's compliance, risk and corporate governance frameworks, ensuring the Company comply with all applicable legislation and regulations. To this purpose your appointment you will need to be approved by the local Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC).
Our client is committed to developing members of its team, and provides funding for relevant training and qualifications.
Compliance Officer Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of the company's system of governance, including internal control policies whilst ensuring adherence to the same
- Assist in the coordination of regulatory reporting
- Remain up to date on regulatory and legal issues affecting the business, working with the Head of Compliance on implementing action plans to ensure compliance
- Assist in the compilation of compliance material for Committee and Board meetings
- Maintain and continuously review the company's risk management system, including the risk register, and corresponding policies
- Provide compliance and regulatory advice
- Conduct monitoring activities, identifying and reporting on control issues
- Manage service provider audits; coordinate audit schedule, assist with completion of audit documents, and follow up on action required
- Maintain Procedures Manual for multiple company functions
- Oversee the complaints function, ensuring compliance with FCA guidelines
- Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant Data Protection legislation and maintain reporting on the same. Assist with DPIAs, where necessary
- Review customer policy wordings and documentation, ensuring it complies with regulatory guidance
- Coordinate third party KYC Requests, ensuring corporate information is accurate
Compliance Officer Profile:
- Experience in a similar role in the Insurance Industry, ideally motor
- Excellent English written communication skills, with the ability to write comprehensive and detailed reports
- Willingness to acquire detailed knowledge of legal, compliance and regulatory issues affecting the insurance industry
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Remote based working, so self disciplined with good time managment
- Must be cleared for approval by GFSC
- Proactive approach, with ability to work on own initiative
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We can help with your relocation here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you just want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or to call us, for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462, we look forward to hearing from you.
We have a variety of jobs within the Finance sector ranging from £25k-£100k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Compliance Officer | Insurance | Gibraltar | Regulation | FCA Guidelines | Regulatory Reporting